Ombre for dark hair - a wide color palette
- Jun 04, 2018
It's going to be very difficult to get out of black, but most girls love changes. Do not worry, there is a way out! Ombre on black hair with ease will cope with this task and will allow to change shape almost in half an hour.
The main advantages of painting
The ombre for black strands has many advantages:
- Gentle effect - due to the fact that the staining does not affect the root zone;
- Save time and money - ombre does not require frequent corrections, so you do not have to visit the salon every month;
- A wide range of shades - natural and very bright( for example, black and red);
- No age restrictions - this technique looks great on women of all ages;
- Versatility - ombre is good for both natural and dyed hair;
- Quick correction - if you do not like the result or are simply bored, you can cut the colored tips or color them with a different color.
Important! Ombre corrects traits, visually draws a round face and makes the shortcomings of the exterior less noticeable. Also it a
Types of ash brunettes for
There are several popular types of ombre on black long hair. Let's consider each of them.
With a clear boundary
As a rule, the transition from one shade to another is thoroughly shaded and becomes almost invisible. But if desired, this boundary can be a clear straight line. This will only emphasize the contrast between the root zone and the tips. Interestingly, the paint can be applied both from the middle of the length, and closer to the roots. Ombre with a clear border looks great on long straight hair.
The traditional version is in great demand, because it looks natural and incredibly stylish. Staining this type involves a soft transition from dark roots to honey, golden or brown tips, between which is a transitional hue. This beautiful gradient is ideal for long haircuts.
Monochrome ombre is a color that combines 2 contrasting hues. From a distance such an ombre looks like a pattern or a geometric pattern.
With strip or three-zone
Unusual painting, in which the hair is divided into three sections. In this case, the middle part will be much more contrast than the tips or roots. Three-zone ombre can be performed only on straight hair - thick and long enough.
Glittering ombre is the perfect choice for natural brunettes. With this method of staining, strands are liable to a minimal effect of the coloring composition, so that the impression is created that hair is played by sunbeams.
When painting in this style, the gradient is placed with the exact opposite - the roots are made lighter, and the tips darken. Ombre with black tips is the perfect way to emphasize your vivid style and unusual approach.
On separate locks
This type of painting is somewhat like melioration, but it is performed not from the roots, but from the middle of the hairstyle. Its main advantage is maximum preservation of the natural structure and minimal damage to ringlets with chemical composition. Most masters brighten strands of bangs and hair at the face.
Asymmetric painting is extravagant and bright. It is very popular among young women of fashion who are not afraid of bold experiments. Strands with such an ombre are selected chaotically and are painted either in one or two different shades. This is the best option for medium length hair - it gives them volume.
Gray-black ombre is another popular combination that is often chosen not only by adult ladies, but also by young girls. The image is mysterious and impregnable.
The red ombre on black hair is like a flame tongue, accidentally entangled in your hair. It looks very beautiful, makes strands voluminous and gives the facial features expressiveness and brightness. The border of the transition begins at the cheekbones. Strands can be selected in a chaotic manner. To simulate the tongues of flame use a red, red or copper shade. Black-and-red ombre looks very impressive and attracts the interested eyes of others.
Luxurious shade of rose gold emphasizes the depth of dark hair and softens the sharp look. This coloring produces a tremendous effect! Its best to do the owners of a warm color.
In the next video you can see the variety of red ombre on dark hair:
Wonderful option for medium hair, able to beautifully emphasize the oval and refresh the complexion. Pink can be used as an independent color or combined with others, by performing a gradient. For these purposes, purple and blue are ideal.
The black blue ombre looks bold and bright, but it is perfectly suitable for creating a daily image. Combining the blue with the black, you will be able to achieve beautiful transitions and declare to everyone around about its originality. It is also important that such a decision harmonizes well with both street and evening dresses.
Tip! When choosing a color for staining in the ombre style, several important points should be considered. So, the color version with burgundy or purple tips will adorn the woman after 30, while the pink and white ombre is more suitable for young girls.
White ombre on black hair - this is perhaps the most contrast of all options. The combination can be both classical( black tips + platinum tips), and the reverse. Believe me, the white top with black curls looks no less stylish! The border of the transition is either sharp, or smooth and washed out.
Purple ombre is another common type of staining that goes to brunettes. Dark roots with violet tips look very impressive. In this case, it does not matter what color it will be - dark, saturated or light.
Tip! As you can see in these photos, the traditional ombre and the variant with glare are more harmonious on the strands of medium length, whereas all types of staining - from traditional to creative ones - are suitable for long hair.
Staining in this technique can be done not only in the cabin, but also at home. How to make ombre on black hair? In this case our detailed instructions will help you.
You will need:
- Special kit for ombre( includes paint and clarifier);
- Glass container for mixing the composition;
- Elastic bands;
Tip! The day before the painting, treat your head of hair with nourishing masks of your own production( from oils, sour cream, eggs and other ingredients).Remember, any chemical effect harms the health of the hair, because such masks will only benefit them.
1. Carefully comb the hair with a comb with frequent prongs.
2. Determine the level of the transition.
3. Carefully divide it into several equal parts( approximately 6-8 zones).
4. Each part tie a thin rubber band. Make sure they are at the same level.
5. Prepare the clarifier and lubricate all the tails. First, treat all the hair from the tips to the elastics, moving from the bottom up. Wait for the right time - as a rule, it depends on the original color and the result you want to achieve. The main thing is not to overdo it, otherwise you can just burn your hair. After 5 minutes, apply a small dose of clarifier tips( literally 2 cm) and place above the rubber bands( 1.5-2 cm).
6. Rinse the clarifier with running water and pat the hair with a towel.
7. Prepare the color mixture according to the instructions.
8. Use a special brush to apply the paint to the discolored locks:
- For a smooth transition, hold the brush in an upright position and distribute the paint with soft smooth movements;
- For a sharp border, hold the brush horizontally and do all the movements in the same direction.
9. If you need a sharp transition, gently wrap each such tail with foil.
10. Wait the right time - 30 to 40 minutes.
11. Rinse with clean water.
12. Lubricate the tips with balsam.
Tip! If you first perform ombre on dark hair and are not sure of your abilities, paint only the ends. If there are shortcomings, you can cut them off.
Care for colored hair
Hair after clarification and painting requires special care, otherwise instead of a stylish hairstyle you will get a burnt "washcloth".
Rule 1. Minimize the traumatic factors - try to use the iron as rarely as possible or dry the hair with a hairdryer. For the same reason, do not comb wet hair - they become thinner and begin to break.
Rule 2. Include in your program nutrient oils and fluids that prevent the bundle of tips.
Rule 3. Wash your head with shampoo for colored hair.
Rule 4. Regularly perform a variety of masks( both home and shop).
Rule 5. If possible, go through laminating or kerating.
Rule 6. Do not use cosmetics with sulfate content - it flushes out color.
Rule 7. Take vitamins for the healing of colored hair.
See also: How to make ombre on dark hair( video)