Table of carbohydrates in food
- Jun 04, 2018
A person who follows a diet knows that certain types of food contain different amounts of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Each of these elements has its functions, responsible for the healthy work of the body and participating in the metabolism. One of the important things that is worth noting is how many carbohydrate compounds are contained in the food: the carbohydrate table in products helps here. These substances are responsible for filling the body with energy. More details about the types of carbohydrates and how to saturate their body, read below.
Products containing complex carbohydrates
It is known that carbohydrate compounds help to provide the body with the required amount of energy. Calculation of the norm of carbohydrates should be made depending on physical activity. The more calories a person spends, doing sports or leading an active lifestyle, the more he needs to consume carbohydrate foods. To restore strength, not gain weight or vice versa - to promote weight loss, you need
Consuming a large amount of carbohydrates, they need to be recycled, otherwise the compounds will contribute to the appearance of fatty deposits. In addition, there are two types of carbohydrates, which have features of interaction with the body - simple and complex. Complex carbohydrates, called still slow, have a low glycemic index( do not contribute to a strong increase in blood sugar).They can be eaten regularly, they do not cause increased weight gain. In which products can you find their high content:
- Many vegetables - potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers.
- Various cereals, for example, buckwheat.
- Solid wheat varieties.
Many products containing slow carbohydrates have high nutritional value, help the body function normally. They are the basis of proper nutrition and are mandatory for consumption. The daily intake rate of products containing carbohydrate compounds is from 250 to 580 grams, depending on the physical activity of a person. What is the use of slow carbohydrate compounds:
- These are high-molecular substances - polysaccharides. Unlike simple digestible( fast) carbohydrates with one or two molecules, they are much more slowly absorbed into the bloodstream than provide a feeling of satiety. And this is especially necessary when using an easy way to lose weight( diet) and proper separate nutrition.
- Polysaccharides for reasonable use do not contribute to weight gain. In addition, many products containing them are rich in other vitamins and trace elements in the composition that inhibit the absorption of carbohydrate substances into the blood. Fast carbohydrates almost immediately converted into fat.
- Polysaccharides do not cause sharp jumps in blood sugar. Because of the complexity of their molecular structure, they are long absorbed by the walls of the stomach, which ensures the gradual saturation of the body with energy. Another difference from simple carbohydrates - getting into the blood, they cause a sharp, but not too long jump in sugar. There is energy, but the feeling of satiety quickly passes. Products containing fast mono- or disaccharides say that they have a high glycemic index.
People with diabetes should eat polysaccharides with caution. For them, doctors have developed a special "bread unit".One XE is equal to 10 grams of carbohydrates. For one meal a man with diabetes can eat 4-5 such units, a woman 3-4, during snacking 1-2.
List of products rich in carbohydrates
The list of products containing the maximum amount of carbohydrates will help to properly make a diet to update the energy reserve. Most carbohydrate compounds are found in cereals, legumes, certain types of vegetables, nuts. In which products to search for the greatest amount of mono-, di- and polysaccharides:
|Product name||Quantity of protein per 100 g||Kilocalories per 100 g|
|Grains of peeled peas||57,7||323|
|Whole pea pods||53,3||303|
|Dried rosehip rosehips||24||101|
|Seeds and nuts|
|Bread and flour|
|Wheat flour of superior quality||74,2||327|
|Wheat flour of the first grade||73,2||329|
- Grain of peeled peas.
- Boiled corn.
- Dried rose hips.
- Pine nut.
- Corn, pearl barley, rice, semolina, buckwheat, porridge, oatmeal. Rice, rye, wheat flour.
- Wheat, creamy crackers.
Which foods do not contain carbohydrates?
There are foods that almost do not contain carbohydrate compounds - neither fast nor slow. They are often included in non-carbohydrate diets, whose adherents recommend almost completely giving up carbohydrates: an example is the famous Kremlin diet. Nutritionists do not recommend adhering to such a diet. Those who want to lose weight, it is desirable to reduce the intake of carbohydrate compounds, however, abandoning them completely, a person runs the risk of severe damage, violating the metabolism.
Harmful diet without carbohydrates will cause weakness, fatigue and other side effects. To lose weight, experts in healthy nutrition recommend not to exceed the daily intake of foods with carbohydrate compounds. In addition, it is necessary to abandon polysaccharides and disaccharides - white sugar, sweet fruits and baked goods, which only harm the body. Non-carbohydrate foods should be consumed in the evening at the last meal. These include:
- Meat of veal, chicken, rabbit. Quail, duck, chicken eggs.
- Liver, heart.
- Shrimps, crabs.
- Grain curd.
- Vegetables: cabbage, bell pepper, artichokes, zucchini. Oranges, grapefruits.
The use of carbohydrate products should fall on the first half of the day - it is necessary, firstly, to fill the body with energy, and secondly, that the substances do not become fat at night. In the evening, it is worth giving preference to the useful light carbohydrate meal with low calorie content, described above. According to statistics, proper nutrition with a normal ratio of protein-fat-carbohydrates is much more effective than non-carbohydrate diets.
Table of carbohydrate content and caloric content in
products When preparing meals, it is important for a person who follows food to know about products containing a large amount of carbohydrates in order to replenish the energy reserve of the body. Vegetables, fruits, cereals, mushrooms, flour to varying degrees help to saturate the body with the necessary substances. It is worth remembering that the caloric content of ready meals may differ, and some slow carbohydrate compounds become "bad" fast carbohydrates after heat treatment. Table of carbohydrates in different products: