Minimally invasive treatment of hemorrhoids - painless ways to get rid of the disease
- Jun 14, 2018
Hemorrhoids is a problem that people face not only after 40 years, but also younger. In recent times, even hemorrhoids in children. The cause of the disease can serve as a small motor activity, an incorrect lifestyle and irrational nutrition. According to statistics, about 15% of people after 40 years are susceptible to this disease.
- 1 Minimally invasive treatment of hemorrhoids
- 2 How does minimally invasive treatment of hemorrhoids occur, what is the procedure?
- 3 Sclerotherapy as a method of treating hemorrhoids
Minimally invasive treatment of hemorrhoids
To date, modern medicine has in its arsenal of fairly effective methods that allow in a short time to eliminate the ailment. The most effective methods of treating hemorrhoids are minimally invasive metho
As a general rule, before prescribing treatment, the physician will ask the patient to undergo a series of examinations in order to choose a further treatment strategy. Minimally invasive methods for eliminating hemorrhoids are indicated with the following symptomatology:
- unpleasant sensations in the anorectal area;
- feeling of pain, itching and burning;
- appearance of bloody discharge in the act of defecation;
- prolapse of hemorrhoids;
- mucus secretion;
- feeling of heaviness in the anus;
- sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the anal area.
All these symptoms are typical for the manifestation of hemorrhoids, and they can be eliminated in a short time with the help of minimally invasive intervention.
How does minimally invasive treatment of hemorrhoids occur, what is the procedure?
Minimally invasive treatment is a non-surgical procedure, which, in its effectiveness, is not inferior to the methods of surgical intervention. To date, the most popular methods are:
- sclerosing therapy;
- ligation using latex rings;
- infrared photocoagulation;
- Radiosurgical Methods.
In order to determine which particular method of minimally invasive therapy is suitable for the patient, the doctor must conduct a complete examination. The most popular method at the moment is ligation with latex rings - this method is suitable for almost all people who suffer from hemorrhoids.
Conservative treatment of hemorrhoids is suitable only for people who have hemorrhoids in the initial stage, it is not always effective. Operative methods for treating hemorrhoids are used in the last stages of the disease, after surgery, the patient needs a lot of time for recovery, so surgical treatment is used very rarely. Let's consider the basic methods of minimally invasive methods.
Sclerosing therapy as a method of treating hemorrhoids
This method is usually used in the initial stages of the disease, when the main symptom is the appearance of bloody discharge from the anus. However, the method is quite effective at any stage of hemorrhoids, which is accompanied by heavy bleeding.
The procedure itself is as follows: a special sclerosing drug is injected into the hemorrhoidal nodes using an anoscope and a syringe. Its main effect is to act on the vessels. Under the influence of the introduced substance, they are replaced by a connective tissue, thus, their complete healing takes place, the bleeding stops, and the hemorrhoidal node significantly decreases in size.
As a rule, specialists supplement this method with infrared laser - in order to provide the maximum therapeutic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
The main advantages of sclerosing as a minimally invasive method for treating hemorrhoids:
- after its application there are absolutely no traces left, in contrast to the surgical intervention;
- procedure promotes the healing of damaged, thinned veins;
- sclerotherapy is not an operative intervention and does not require a long recovery of the patient;
However, like all treatment methods, this therapy has its own contraindications, in which treatment is not performed:
- vein obstruction;
- renal and hepatic insufficiency;
- allergic reaction of the patient to anesthetics;
- heart disease;
- period of pregnancy and lactation.
In other cases, the procedure is absolutely safe.
Latex ringing with hemorrhoids is the most popular minimally invasive treatment for hemorrhoids
This procedure is indicated for patients who have hemorrhoids. Therapy is suitable for people at a later stage of hemorrhoid disease, is effective and does not require a long recovery.
The procedure itself consists in carrying out the following manipulations: a special latex ring stretches the vascular pedicle, which provides blood to the hemorrhoidal node. Subsequently, its necrosis is carried out, the node disappears together with the ring. With the help of an anascope the doctor reaches the hemorrhoids and, using a special device - a ligator, puts on the nodes latex rings.
It should be noted that the material for the rings is environmentally friendly rubber, which is absolutely harmless. It is elastic, hypoallergenic. In total, two methods of minimally invasive intervention can be distinguished:
- With the use of a vacuum ligator, hemorrhoidal nodes are drawn into the head of the structure under the influence of a vacuum. The procedure is simple and does not require assistance.
- Carrying out the procedure using a mechanical ligator. Entering the hemorrhoidal node is carried out with the help of special medical forceps. The anascope is inserted into the anal opening of the patient, after which the doctor fixes it. Then, using a ligator, it is clamped and tightened in a special latex ring. At the end of the procedure, the anascope and ligator are removed from the patient's anus. The procedure is simple and almost painless, takes 10-15 minutes.
After the operation, the patient can gradually return to the old way of life, prolonged recovery is not required. Approximately 7 days after the intervention, the hemorrhoidal node disappears and leaves along with the calves.
Possible complications after ligation with latex rings:
- Soreness in the anorectal area - it can be easily eliminated with anesthetics. Unpleasant sensations can appear in the first two days after the manipulation.
- Fecal masses with blood impurities - this can occur as a result of the separation of the nodes, the patient must urgently consult a specialist.
- Slipping of the latex ring - this can happen if the manipulation is incorrect. Also, this complication can be caused by weight lifting and strong constipation, which is why the first days after the ligation, you must strictly follow all the doctor's recommendations.
- Inflammatory processes in the anorectal area. A fairly rare phenomenon that can be caused by violations of the act of defecation( constipation).You should seek help from a phlebologist.
Latex ring ligation is not performed with varicose hemorrhoids, the presence of cracks, mixed disease, as well as with blood diseases.
Infrared photocoagulation for hemorrhoids
This minimally invasive procedure is used to treat hemorrhoids with bleeding. This category includes abundant and prolonged bleeding in the first two stages of the disease, as well as circular hemorrhoids.
The main advantages of the procedure are the following factors:
- procedure is performed on an outpatient basis;
- it is practically painless;
- , the risk of complications is minimized;
- the patient is quickly restored and almost immediately can return to the old way of life taking into account the implementation of preventive measures.
The procedure should be carried out by an experienced doctor. For infrared photocoagulation a photocoagulator with a special tip is used. It is brought to the vascular pedicle of the node. Pressing the device to the mucous membrane, the knot of the node is cauterized. The duration of the procedure depends on the size of the nodes and their number. On average, coagulation lasts up to 3 seconds. Thanks to the procedure, the necrosis of the node occurs, and subsequently it disappears. For one procedure, a doctor can prizhech up to three hemorrhoids.
In the early days, there may be some soreness in the anus, but these symptoms can be easily eliminated by taking painkillers. On the third day, almost all patients notice a significant improvement in overall well-being.
Cryodestruction as a method of treatment of hemorrhoids
Thanks to the use of special equipment, cryolysis has recently become very popular. It is a freezing of tissues using the lowest possible temperatures - up to -195 degrees Celsius.
The following indicators can be attributed to the main advantages of cryodestruction:
- painlessness of manipulations;
- low traumatism;
- no bleeding;
- technique does not require anesthesia;
- surgery is performed on an outpatient basis and does not require further hospitalization;
- patient can quickly return to the old way of life;
- does not form scars during cryodestruction.
In 80% thanks to this technique the patient has the opportunity to avoid classical surgical intervention.
The procedure of the procedure consists in performing the following manipulations by the doctor: a cryoprobe is used, through which liquid nitrogen is supplied. It produces a severe cold, and the tip transmits cold to the hemorrhoids. The operation continues until the doctor determines that the hemorrhoids are completely destroyed. After two or three weeks, the tissues die and are removed.
Electrocoagulation for removal of hemorrhoidal nodes
The procedure is shown in stages 1, 2, 3 of hemorrhoids. The essence of the technique is that under the control of a special device - an anoscope - an electrode is applied to the leg of the hemorrhoidal assembly, which carries out coagulation from two points.
The method does not exclude repeated relapses, therefore it is used only if there are serious indications for the therapy.
Radiosurgical methods for the treatment of hemorrhoids
Effects on tissues are performed using radio waves with a high frequency. The effect is achieved due to the generated heat. In this case, the electrodes themselves, which are used in the intervention, do not heat up - that is, the patient does not experience any painful sensations.
Absolutely safe and effective minimally invasive method, which is very popular in view of low traumatism. The patient after two days can return to the old way of life. At the same time, he will not feel absolutely any discomfort.
During manipulations, the incision is performed without pressure on soft tissues, that is, it is not accompanied by destruction of cells. Postoperative complications are minimized.
Reviews about the treatment of hemorrhoids with minimally invasive methods
For many years I suffered from persistent, profuse bleeding and soreness as a result of prolapse of hemorrhoids. Of course, the doctors wrote me medicines, but they did not bring the desired effect. Then I decided to try ligation with latex rings - this method was told to me by a friend.
Of course, there was a risk of some complications - but there was no more power to endure hemorrhoids. Literally a week later I returned to work( I work as a driver), the pain and discomfort disappeared. Now you do not have to worry about the illness, because it simply disappeared! Many thanks to the doctor who conducted the operation at the highest level!
Oleg, 45 years - Kazan
I learned about all the troubles of hemorrhoids after childbirth. The joy of motherhood was significantly overshadowed by this disease. The doctor advised cryodestruction - and I agreed to the operation.
The only negative - I had to stop breastfeeding, but living with hemorrhoids was beyond my power! After carrying out the manipulation I can say for sure: I'm a happy man, the pain and discomfort completely disappeared, and life shone with new colors!
Marina, 30 years old - Moscow