Every mother experiences great bitterness when her baby is sick. Especially hard is transferred gastrointestinal infection. During her baby feels pain, anguish and must comply with bed rest, special food. When the disease passes, a special diet after an intestinal infection in a child is still necessary. This will help to recover correctly, return to the previous work the functions of the digestive system, which were significantly affected during poisoning. What you need to pay attention to, and how to treat intestinal diseases learn later.
Diet after intestinal infection in the early days of convalescence
Various infectious intestinal diseases are one of the most common health problems for babies along with influenza, ARVI, especially up to three years of age. Disease-causing organisms are transmitted to children along with stale food, dirty drinking and during non-observance of simple hygiene rules. The incubation period of intestinal poisoning can last up to several days. The most dangerous
Doctors often prescribe antibiotics, adsorptive and antiviral drugs, anti-dehydration medicines, pancreas recovery pills, plentiful drink and a strict diet. Only in this way it is possible to overcome all unpleasant symptoms and the consequences of poisoning. For children of different age groups, their eating restrictions are introduced. The diet is observed during the acute course of the disease, then it is replaced by a less severe, in order to smoothly switch to the usual diet. Read more about the special diet in the early days of recovery for children of different ages.
The optimal option for a newborn's diet is mother's milk, and a strict diet is only for the mother, who must give up all the foods that cause irritation to the stomach's mucosa. Those infants who have already been introduced with lure, in the menu of the first days of recovery, porridge( rice or buckwheat) with water diluted with water is introduced. After a few days, you can give up to 20 grams of low-fat cottage cheese, and even later( after 1-2 days) - enter into the baby's diet vegetable purees, soups. At the very end there is meat.
What you can eat a child from 1 year
A diet after an intestinal infection in a child older than a year is based on the same principles as in infants, only increases the portion and quickly enters the food characteristic of this age category. For the first three weeks, it is important to observe mechanical, chemical and thermal relaxation in the diet. That is, eat dishes cooked or cooked for a couple, with a liquid consistency, which then gradually turns into a mushy. Food should only be warm, not irritating the intestinal mucosa and stomach.
During the diet of a child after an intestinal infection, it is absolutely necessary to refuse such products as: black bread, vegetables and fruits in raw form, peas with beans, spices, pearl barley, pyshenka, fresh juices, snacks, sauces, whole milk, radish, Turnips, cabbage, cucumbers. Ideally suitable melted butter, which will need to be added to diet meals in small proportions. All food should be grinded, liquid, warm.
Strict restrictions on the menu for children
Similar conditions are observed in the diet after intestinal infection in an older child. All food is taken only in a warm form, freshly prepared, ground and should not have any components that can irritate the mucous membrane of the intestine or stomach. Boil your child vegetables( except prohibited), cook for a couple, do all kinds of mashed potatoes, soups, mashed potatoes, omelettes, soufflé and the like. It is very good to take cooked at home jelly, jars( only without prunes).
What to give to a child 7 to 10 days after an acute intestinal infection
A strict diet during an acute intestinal infection is a prerequisite for the successful recovery of children. If you do not comply with all the prescriptions of doctors about the diet, it will turn your child into prolonged diarrhea, rapid weight loss, dehydration and other serious health problems. The main thing in this case is the use of a certain diet for each phase of the disease. Next, you will become acquainted with the principles of feeding a child ten days after the transfer of an acute intestinal infection.
Basic rules for dietary food
When poisoning occurs, unfavorable processes appear in the stomach and intestines. They threaten with a chronic inflammation of the digestive organs, all mucous membranes are bruised, the liver suffers and first of all the pancreas. As a result, normal isolation of gastric juice becomes impossible, muscle tone is lost and intestinal contraction is lost. To not bring health to this state, it is important to contribute to the child's body. To do this, the following food rules apply:
- Unload the stomach and intestines of the child. Do not force to eat when the kid does not want it at all. To the process of digestion is not broken, feed every two to three hours.
- Be sure to observe the principle of cooking: grinding to a semi-liquid state, the food should be warm, do not irritate the stomach and intestines. Minimize the use of fats, exclude the components of nutrition that contain fiber.
- The body must be filled with biologically active substances, which it lost during the period of illness. Therefore, buy your child a vitamin and mineral complex, but consult a doctor beforehand.
- Adhere to the rules of separate meals: do not mix carbohydrates with proteins in one portion. For example, do not combine fish or meat with potatoes or cereals. Better place emphasis on vegetables and fruits.
Next, read the list of products that can not be included in the diet after an intestinal infection in a child:
- floury, baking;
- raw vegetables, fruits, berries, citrus;
- millet, pearl, barley porridge;
- smoked, preserved, sausage;
- fat, pork.
What should be included in the menu for every day to the child after the transfer of intestinal infection:
- buckwheat, rice, oatmeal;
- in boiled vegetables: cauliflower, broccoli, beets, carrots;
- bananas, baked apple;
- yesterday's white bread;
- jelly on starch;
- dried fruits, Uzvar;
- chicken, rabbit;
- sea fish;
- copious drink.
How to restore intestinal function after antibiotics
Treatment of childhood poisoning is almost always accompanied by antibiotics. And this is an additional blow to the full work of the gastrointestinal tract. Therapy with antibacterial drugs should always be accompanied by preventive measures, otherwise the baby will develop diarrhea or constipation, poor digestion of food and much more. A few recommendations needed to restore the intestinal function after antibiotics:
- to the baby, abolish the lure and transfer it exclusively to breast milk;
- for infants, give plenty of drink, reduce the amount of food consumed, be sure to follow the diet, feed only at the request of the baby;
- arrange a comfortable rest, the child must sleep longer to restore his strength;
- provide your child with a balanced diet, for this, give fruit with vegetables and be sure to include in the diet sour-milk food( skim curd, for example).
When it is possible to switch to a common table
In some cases, the diet following an intestinal infection in a child up to several weeks or months. By that time, it is close to normal nutrition, but it contains sparing non-fat dishes, foods that contribute to full digestion. Later, you can gradually enter into the diet one product a day and see what the reaction will be. If everything is good - continue to move to a common table, and if not, it means that it is too early and the body has not completely recovered.
Prevention of intestinal infections in children
To acute viral infections include dozens of types of diseases, which include: intestinal flu, enterovirus and rotavirus infection, salmonella and many others. In this case, children manifest such pronounced signs of poisoning as frustration, fever, vomiting, headaches, abdominal pains, general malaise.
When you contact a doctor, he immediately prescribes all the necessary tests to diagnose and determine which type of infection or virus the child has attacked. Whether it's a rotavirus agent, enterovirus or any other, treatment should be given immediately. Further, urgent therapy will follow, which will help restore water balance in the child's body, eliminate inflammatory processes and pain syndromes.
If you want to prevent the intestinal infections in your child, follow the few recommendations below:
- The initial condition is personal hygiene: your child should know that before eating, you need to wash your hands and not take them in your mouth with other foreign objectson the street;
- you, as a caring mother should carefully approach the choice of food that the child will eat;
- food should be thoroughly heat treated;
- the process of eating should occur immediately after cooking;
- take care of careful and proper storage of products: all that is prepared, put in the refrigerator.
- try to always buy only fresh food and immediately give them to the child to use or cook;
- for dinner, warm up the food well so that it has the right temperature for consumption;
- exclude all contact of raw foods with cooked food;
- do not allow any insects to sit on the food;
- keep the kitchen in clean ideal conditions.
Video advice from Dr. Komarovsky: diet with acetone
When a child gets sick, moms run to experienced pediatricians to learn about the diagnosis of the disease, how to treat it and what is needed for this. Often, when poisoning occurs, the level of acetone in the body rises. Therefore, doctors always pay attention to this criterion. Below, look at the video from a highly qualified doctor, a distinguished pediatrician of the country, Professor Komarovsky, who talks about how to determine acetone in the blood of a child and gives a detailed diet with a menu for a week for the child to treat at home after suffering poisoning.