The temperature at the eruption of baby teeth in a child
- Jun 16, 2018
Teething is a common cause of fever in a baby. At the age of six months, the first teeth appear in babies, against the background of their growth salivation increases, itching starts in the gums. The temperature at teething in children is also not uncommon. Often, parents do not know how to help the baby and whether it is possible in such cases to knock down the temperature. Therefore, you should know what temperature can be when teething, how to extinguish the inflammatory process in the body of a newborn and when it's time to see a doctor.
The reason for the appearance of heat
When the baby has an teething, the body has two related processes. In the gums are released biologically active substances, softening the tissue, which contributes to the easy appearance of the tooth. This leads to inflammation of the gums. In the oral cavity immunity decreases, it is often possible to observe the development of secondary infections - angina, stomatitis or others. The body reacts quickly to the inflam
How much can I hold and what is the temperature on my teeth
What is the temperature when my child's teeth are teething?
- The thermometer should not show more than 37.5 ° C .Parents need to pay attention to the state of the baby. Some children feel normal during the growth of teeth, then there is no need to give them antipyretics. Others of them can hardly tolerate even a slight increase in temperature: they refuse to eat, often cry, sleep badly.
- If the thermometer showed 38 ° C and more - this indicates an inflammatory process or infection with an infectious disease.
- If the temperature of 39 ° C and above is kept or increased, it is necessary to show the child to a specialist.
How much does the temperature with teething occur?
- The norm is considered, if the heat of the baby is kept no longer than three days. Often the condition of the baby worsens in the evening, then it is recommended to help him by giving a febrifuge.
All the symptoms of teething are similar. The first incisors bring more pain than subsequent baby teeth. Reaction of the baby to this can become constant crying at night. Other possible gum eruption symptoms include:
- Diarrhea .Heat and frequent loose stools sometimes serve as a sign of an intestinal infection that gets into the body. Do not self-medicate, show a crumb to the doctor.
- Vomiting of .When the teeth grow, a nutritional disorder occurs, which can lead to vomiting along with diarrhea. To determine if the child has an acute infectious disease, examine the tummy, if it is swollen, it is a bad symptom. Cataracts can also indicate infection. The abdomen should not be painful, so for a uniform, gentle pressure, the baby should react calmly.
- Runny nose .The growth of milk incisors is accompanied by an increase in the number of mucous secretions in the nasal cavity. Discharges of this kind have a liquid transparent consistency and pass in a few days. This symptom does not require a trip to the pediatrician, it is only necessary to clean the nose of the mucus.
- Cough .A wet cough can be explained by the accumulation of a large amount of saliva in the throat - this is normal with teething. There is no need to treat such a cough, it goes by itself for a couple of days. However, if the moist cough becomes permanent, accompanied by abundant phlegm, shortness of breath or wheezing and lasts longer than 2-3 days, you should take the crumb to the doctor.
- Blue gum .Among the symptoms inherent in teething are the blueing and inflammation of the gums in the growth areas of the dairy rows. To remove the itch and help the child, give him a toy-eraser.
- Absence of appetite .Often, children at this time refuse to eat normally. Do not force to force to eat, otherwise there is a possibility of vomiting. The reaction of the child's organism is justified - with the eruption of teeth, it does not feel the taste of food, it becomes too fresh. Appetite will not be absent for long, parents should not show increased attention to this symptom.
How and how to help the baby
Children's temperature rises quickly, but it is not always possible to knock it down quickly. How to reduce the temperature during teething? The raised temperature at a teething of teeth delivers to mums and daddies a lot of anxiety. They are in constant search of new solutions, how to ease the pain. However, one should not take any measures without consulting a specialist, otherwise it is possible to cause harm. To reduce the temperature in children, use age-appropriate antipyretic drugs:
- Paracetamol .To reduce the heat, antipyretic agents containing paracetamol should be used, for example, Kalpop, Panadol, Efferalgan. These drugs are considered the safest. If the temperature at teething in the infant's child falls down or even grows constantly, you should give him one tablet of any of these antipyretic drugs. After half an hour, the thermometer will show 1-2 ° C less.
- Ibufen .It is used if paracetamol-based medicines do not produce results. Nurofen or Ibufen should not be given to babies until one year.
- Seduxen .To the child, parents can give Seduxen - a mild sedative, which is attributed to excessive excitement, problems with sleep.
- Nimesulide .Effective remedy Nimesulide is more toxic than the above. Use it is possible only by the doctor's decision and no longer than 3 days. Alternatives - Nice, Nimesil S and Nemulid.
When should I bring down the temperature?
The first incisors appear at the age of six months, but sometimes they erupt at an earlier age. On how much teeth began to grow, it depends which temperature requires intervention, and with what the children's body is able to cope itself. The temperature in the infant with teething can reach 38-39 ° C and not cause serious discomfort. Therefore, children older than three months to give antipyretics is only in case of an increase to 39 degrees.
Remember that you should not immediately try and bring down the heat to normal. The acceptable result is its reduction by only 1-2 degrees.
If the child has not yet reached the age of 3 months, it is necessary to shoot the heat at a mark on the thermometer above 38 ° С.However, there are cases when the reaction was previously convulsions or having problems with the heart, the central nervous system, the lungs, then the antipyretic should be given already at 38 degrees. When the mark exceeds 40 degrees or does not decrease through medications, it is worthwhile to call a doctor.