Stomatitis in pregnancy
- Jun 22, 2018
Decreased immunity during pregnancy leads to an unpleasant disease - stomatitis. You need to be prepared for the fact that the mouth is formed sores. This will help in a timely manner to learn ways how to quickly cure stomatitis in the mouth. The treatment options will depend on the type of disease and the degree of damage to the oral cavity.
Causes of stomatitis
Factors provoking the development of stomatitis in pregnancy are:
- bacterial infection - is due to non-compliance with personal hygiene rules;
- allergy - on food, toothpaste, rinse aid;
- diseases of the viral type - there is a herpetic stomatitis;
- irritation of the mucosa - occurs when eating acidic foods;
- chronic diseases - anemia, beriberi;
- fungal infection - provokes candidal stomatitis;
- reception of antibiotics;
- combination of factors - mucosal trauma and infection with a bacterial form.
Stomatitis in pregnant women can be caused by a virus. A common phenomenon is the herpetic type
- painful sores;
- increased saliva viscosity.
Stomatitis in pregnancy is caused by an allergy to food intake or the use of hygiene products - toothpastes, rinses. To its symptoms carry:
- the flow of the sky;
- increase in the size of the language;
- burning or itching;
- appears dryness in the mouth;
- smooth shiny tongue in the first stage;
- ulcerous vesicles in the second stage.
Causes are the same reduced immunity and hypersensitivity to the mucosa on the background of hormonal changes during pregnancy. For treatment, use safe antihistamines prescribed by a doctor, and if they can not be taken( in the first trimester), contact with the allergen is removed. For rapid healing of ulcers folk methods are used.
Fungus in the mouth
Stomatitis in pregnancy can be caused by a Candida fungus. Then he will be called candida, or thrush. Because of the reduced immunity, the fungus, constantly inhabiting the oral cavity, begins to multiply uncontrollably, forming a white coating on the mucous membrane. If the disease is not treated, then it goes to other organs. During childbirth, it can be transmitted to the child due to a fungal infection of the birth canal. The appearance of thrush is characterized by a burning sensation, an unpleasant metallic taste in the mouth.
Stomatitis in pregnancy can be caused by a trauma to the oral mucosa - it is easy to get by burning with hot tea, acid or frost-bitten skin tissues in the cold. If the teeth are chipped, then when chewing, they can injure the mucous, along the way causing a stomatitis in it. Symptoms of the disease include:
- swelling and redness of the injury site;
- wavy tenderness;
- appearance of wounds, sores.
Bacterial infections of the mouth
The cause of stomatitis in pregnancy can be bacterial infection, which affects the oral cavity in a complex with other species. If the tissues of the palate or gums are damaged, bacteria that live freely in the oral cavity penetrate into the wound and begin to multiply intensively. Their development is facilitated by reduced immunity, inability of the body to fight infection. The common bacteria caused by this type of disease are strepto- and staphylococci. If you start treatment, then the formation of necrotic tissues becomes a dangerous effect.
How is stomatitis manifested
If you are interested in knowing how the stomatitis looks, pay attention to the common signs of the disease:
- swelling of the tissues of the lips, gums, tongue, cheeks;
- sensation of pain;
- formation of vesicles with fluid inside, sores, blisters;
- plaque in the form of spots in the mouth;
- enhanced saliva separation;
- high temperature;
- difficulty in eating and swallowing.
Treatment of stomatitis in pregnant women
To know how to treat stomatitis, you first need to determine the cause of its occurrence, and then prescribe medications. When choosing medicines, you can not buy them yourself without a prescription, because it can harm the fetus. Take only those drugs that the doctor approved and prescribed. If stomatitis is not clearly pronounced, then you can try to use folk methods.
In the allergic form of stomatitis in pregnancy, a catarrhal form is identified, during which dry mouth, burning and itching appear. This form of stomatitis is unpleasant, because a pregnant adult woman does not feel the taste of food or feels foreign flavors. Often the patient experiences discomfort and pain. If the disease develops into a hemorrhagic form, the mucous membrane begins to bleed. Options for this type of treatment will be the use of antihistamines and healing agents.
How to cure a sore in the mouth
Bacterial types of stomatitis are treated with medications Amoxicillin, Oftoloxacin, Erythromycin or Metronidazole. Safe from the point of view of the effect on the fetus is the drug Chlorhexidine Bigluconate. To relieve pain, use a spray of Geksoral and ointment Kamistad. Unpleasant consequences of stomatitis in the form of ulcers can be removed in the following ways:
- application of local ointments - oxoline, Zovirax;
- application of a tampon with sea buckthorn oil;
- Solcoseryl during pregnancy is used with caution and only as directed by a doctor, but it is good for healing sores.
- to smear the affected areas with a solution of Lugol, boric petrolatum, zelenka or blue iodine;
- hydrogen peroxide during pregnancy is used as a rinse.
Treatment of herpetic infection
To cure this form, a future mother needs to come to an appointment with a specialist who will prescribe antiviral drugs that are safe for the child - Acyclovir or Zovirax. You can apply mouth irrigation with Tantoum-Verde spray. To eliminate ulcers use sea buckthorn oil or oksolinovuyu ointment. To raise the immunity apply vitamins, and to prevent the occurrence you need to rinse your mouth with warm water or decoctions of calendula, chamomile.
Thrush in the mouth during pregnancy
Candidiasis during pregnancy is successfully treated with the prescription of antifungal drugs safe for the baby - Nystatin, Fluconazole, Pimafucin. To simple methods can be attributed rinsing with soda, salt or greasing the mouth with a 1% solution of gentian violet. You can use homeopathy, after consulting with a doctor or applying folk methods in the form of greasing your mouth with honey or aloe juice.
Folk remedies for stomatitis
During pregnancy it is reasonable to use home safe methods for getting rid of stomatitis:
- 4 days in a row rinse mouth with tea mushroom infusion;
- rinse with decoction of bark of oak, sage, carrot juice, pomegranate bark, St. John's wort, calendula, yarrow;
- lubrication of sores with aloe or calanchoe juice;
- for rinsing out bacteria, the mouth rinses with potassium permanganate, silver water, propolis, less often - egg;
- from ulcers will help to get rid of garlic clove;
- to heal and accelerate the regeneration of tissues can decoction of flax seeds, mashed potatoes from raw potatoes;
- lotions from onion broth, viburnum with honey, dry leaves of green tea;
- ointment from butter and burdock seeds;
- tea from the leaves of blueberries.