Kontraktubeks for children: instructions for use after chicken pox, reviews
- Apr 24, 2018
All children enjoy knowing the world around them, but during active games and learning new horizons they often appearCuts, bruises, burns and other injuries. If the damage is deep, it can leave behind scars and scars, sometimes for life. To combat such consequences, different local preparations are used, one of which is Kontraktubeks. At what age is it assigned to children and how do they apply to children?
For Sale Kontraktubeks in two versions:
- Gel. This form is prescribed for children older than 1 year. It is a light brown or light yellow mass with a peculiar smell. One tube contains 20 or 50 grams of gel.
- Plaster. It has a prolonged action and is used in children from 3 years of age. In
The formula of the gel Kontraktubeks includes three active ingredients:
- allantoin - in a dose of 10 mg / 1 g;
- heparin - in the amount of 50 IU / 1 g;
- extract of onion - in a dose of 100 mg / 1g.
In addition, the gel includes flavored oil, xanthan gum, purified water, sorbic acid, methyl parahydroxybenzoate and macrogol 200.
The patch contains 2 active components, allantoin and cepalin.
Principle of operation
The components of the Kontraktubeks gel act locally both on fresh and old scars( which are more than a year old).Their regenerating, antithrombotic, antimicrobial and smoothing effect is noted.
The medication does not allow the formation of scar tissue in excess and helps to remove redness or itching at the site of injury. As a result of the effects of Kontraktubeks, the scars become softer and more imperceptible, and the skin becomes smooth.
The plaster also notes the property of preventing the formation of scars or the smoothing of scars. Active components from the inner layer of the patch are released for several hours and enter the skin, and the outer layer protects the damaged area from moisture loss.
Kontraktubeks apply with:
- keloid or hypertrophic scars - the effects of injuries, surgical treatment, burns;
- atrophic scars, for example, after a boil or chickenpox;
- contractures of tendons or joints;
- stretch marks;
In addition, both the gel and the patch are prescribed for prophylaxis after receiving an injury or surgery to prevent the appearance of pathological scars.
Do not use if the child has hypersensitivity to any of its components.
Side effects of
Some children may experience redness, itching, swelling, or other local reaction after gel treatment or sticking on the patch. Sometimes treatment with such a drug provokes atrophy of the rumen.
Instruction for use
- The gel is applied to the scar from 1 to 3 times a day, rubbing the medicine with massage movements with a slight pressure.
- The duration of gel application is determined by the stage of healing of skin damage. If the scars are fresh, then the treatment is carried out for 4 weeks, and for old scars treatment is prescribed for 3-6 months.
- To enhance the effect of the gel in the treatment of a dense, old rumen, skin is advised to steam before treatment. It is also possible to use occlusive dressing and physiotherapy.
- If the gel is applied to fresh scars, the treated skin should be protected from exposure to low temperatures and ultraviolet light.
- When treating the skin on the face, you need to ensure that the gel does not get on the mucous membranes of the mouth or eyes.
- The plaster is glued to the rumen once a day for 6-12 hours( possible at night).The duration of administration of this form of the drug is usually 3 months.
- In order for the result of treatment to be more pronounced, it is advisable to start using a patch immediately, as the wound was epithelialized or after the removal of the joints. If this form of Kontraktubeksa is used for very small scars, the patch is allowed to be cut into small pieces that completely cover the scar area.
Terms of Sale and Storage
You can buy a gel or band-aid in a pharmacy without a prescription. The average price of a tube with 20 g of gel is 550-600 rubles.
To keep Kontraktubeks at home recommend in a dry place where the drug will not reach young children. Storage temperature should not exceed 25 degrees Celsius.
A sealed gel tube can be stored for up to 3 years from the date of manufacture. After opening the tube, the drug should be used within 6 months.
The expiration date of the adhesive in unopened packaging is 3 years. If it was cut to obtain smaller segments, the remainder should be used within 2 weeks.
There are many good reviews about the application of Kontraktubeks. According to the parents, it is very easy to apply the gel, the drug is quickly absorbed into the skin and does not spoil things.
The plaster is more often chosen for the treatment of small and medium scars. In addition, this form is more in demand with fresh scars, and for the treatment of chronic scars, usually buy a gel.
As for the shortcomings, in most cases they complain about the high cost of the drugs. Also there are negative reviews, in which there is no effect with long-standing scars.
Kontraktubeks can be replaced by local agents such as Dermatix, Kelo-Cat, Mederma, Medgel, Zeraderm Ultra, Bepanten and others in the treatment of skin damage.
See the transfer of Dr. Komarovsky, from which you will learn how to provide first aid for burns of varying degrees.