Rules for measuring the size of the foot for the choice of shoes. When and how to measure your feet
- Jun 03, 2018
Quite often when buying shoes, the question of the size of the foot of the foot becomes urgent. Therefore, every modern adult should know how to properly measure the size of the foot and what to consider when trying new shoes. The advice of experts in our article will be relevant both for adults and for children.
- 1 How to measure foot size
- 2 Measurement of the insole
- 3 volume measurement foot
- 4 Properties selection shoe on
- heel 5 legs Size ofChildren
- 6 How to determine the size of the shoe in a child
- 7 Shoe size and foot length
- 8 International Dimension Standards
- 9 Practical advice from experts
As modifiedrit foot size
To know how to measure the size of a foot to the shoe, it is required to use the following instruction:
- To obtain accurate values must stand on cardboard sheet( paper) and circle contour pencil foot.
- On the output loop, using a ruler, draw 2 segments of the .One in length, from the longest finger to the heel. The
- Since the dimensions of the shoe are of a strict size, with a difference of 0.5 mm, should be added a few millimeters to obtain an appropriate value, which is closest to the measured result. Example: if the obtained value is 24.2, then it should be rounded to 24.5.This value will advise 37 size.
- To calculate the completeness of the foot, you will need to use the centimeter tape to clasp the most voluminous part of the foot.
- The best time for measurements is the evening. For maximum accuracy, you should do this in the summer. The reason lies in the fact that for the whole day the foot swells and acquires the maximum value. In hot weather, this is particularly noticeable.
Please note! It is not worthwhile to measure the leg itself, because during the buckling the foot may shrink or stretch, thus giving the wrong result.
Measure the size of each leg of the , as the values obtained may not differ much, which will create discomfort for the person when the shoe is worn. People are not absolutely symmetrical, so when you get different results, the maximum number is taken as the final value.
|Foot length in mm.||What foot size for shoes corresponds to the measured length.|
measurement of the insole
One option measurement legs can be insole. This method is used in the European system and creates a small allowance for shoes, the value of 15 mm. To carry out the measurement, you need to remove the insole from the existing shoe of a suitable size and measure the in the same way as the foot.
will help in this. People are not absolutely symmetrical, so when the results are different, the maximum number is taken as the final value.
Please note! Online stores mostly use the sizes obtained exactly on the insole, not the foot.
Foot volume measurement
The volume is the amount of leg girth in the widest part. Often girth is not considered, since most of the population falls under standard values.
There is a special notation on the shoes:
- B - narrow foot;
- D is the average value;
- E - slightly larger than the standard;
- EE is a wide stop.
To calculate formula is used: Q = 0,25 N - 0,15 V - E
- Q - the total value of the girth;
- N - obtained in the measurement value of the volume;
- V - length of the foot;
- E is a constant value. It is set using the table.
EXAMPLE: having a length of 225 mm, scope 210 is substituted into the formula and the result is 1.75.The result is rounded up.
|Gender person||foot length||volume||N|
Properties select shoes with heels
choosing heeled shoes, it is required to consider its size. When the value exceeds 3 cm, the stop is fed forward and the pressure on the thumb increases. Also, the model's shoes are tougher everyday, and it's harder to carry.
In this regard, the size should be larger than the initial one:
- Half of the original with heels 5-9 cm high
- One size, 10-15 cm in size
- With larger values selectedThe size is 1.5 times the initial size.
foot size in children
How to measure foot size for shoes in children, it is helpful to know every parent. Taking a child with him and selecting a suitable footwear for all parameters is a long and exhausting occupation.
To avoid this, should be immediately measured pace, substitute the values in the table, and found to comply , easy to buy the right shoes.
How to determine the shoe size of the child
For a small child's feet measurement is required to place a stop on a paper sheet and cut around it .This is done in the evening, because even a child at this time shows a small swelling of the foot.
When choosing shoes on a heel, it is necessary to take into account its value. When the value exceeds 3 cm, the stop is fed forward and the pressure on the thumb increases. This should be taken into account when measuring the size of the foot for shoes.
During baby's feet measurement should be at a distance of 10 cm from each other , for the smallest load on the foot and accurate totals.
The store received loop should be attached to the insole selected shoes. At the same time, it must be remembered that this value is on the bare foot. If you will additionally wear a sock and stuff, you should take a shoe for size larger. No less important is the width of the foot.
Please note! You can calculate the foot size for shoes without using a table. To do this, it is required to measure the length of the foot from the extreme point to the heel and divide the number by half. Then add the resulting value to the original, since this value will give the correct result.
EXAMPLE: leg length is 18 cm Dividing this number in half, will 9. Add the given value to the initial( 18 + 9)..The resulting number is the size.
This result corresponds to Russian standards. If shoes are purchased abroad, the translation table should be used. You can find it on the website of the store.
shoe size and foot length
Deal with how to measure the size of his feet for shoes, just enough, however obuvki size will vary depending on the country and made it standard. To make the translation of their one system to another, it's easier to use special tables. The initial data will be the length of the foot and the corresponding size.
standard international size
used some basic standards for determining the value of the foot in the world:
- international standard. In this variant, the foot size is calculated in millimeters. Measurement is performed from the maximum protruding finger to the heel. Without amendments to the form of the pads, because of what the system is as simple as possible. A similar standard is used in Russia.
- European standard. All values in centimeters in size insole. The difference between the adjacent dimensions is 6.7 mm. Insole is more than a foot by 15 mm( functional allowance).These values in Europe will be larger than the values from the first option.
- English Standard .Measured in inches, in accordance with the size of the insole. The smallest value is 4 inches( baby's foot).Dimensions differ by 85 mm between each other.
- American system. Similar to used in England, however the initial value is less. The numbering is equal to the previous one.
|Length in mm.||Russian||England||America. For men|| America. |
Practical advice from experts
Take advantage of helpful tips for selecting shoes from specialists in the world of clothing and footwear:
- Purchasing shoes from the manufacturer, do not be lazy to visit the official site of and view user comments. Such unbiased opinions will provide much more useful information.
- When buying shoes, pay attention to the brand. It can use its own sizes, other than those taken. In order not to miscalculate with the value, review the description of the purchase on the manufacturer's website. Also, in addition to the size of the foot, additional useful measurements can be indicated for the shoe, such as: bootleg volume, heel height. Other parameters should be clarified by managers or customer support. An important role is played by customer feedback. With their help it is easy to find out the features of the goods of this brand.
- After picking up shoes of the ideal size, write down the data from the label. The next time you buy a shoe of this brand, you can be sure of a suitable size.
- While measuring the length of the foot, a difference in the length of the foot may be detected. The choice in this case is in favor of a larger value. With a strong difference, a half-size model will come to the rescue. For the smaller foot, you should put the insole.
- Various leg problems in the form of calluses or cones, do not allow the to be guided by only one length when choosing a model. In this case, it is necessary to measure in advance each selected model. Individual companies allow delivery with fitting.
- Do not forget about the differences between systems of measures in different states. This is especially true for fans ordering through international stores.
Knowing the rules and details of measuring the size of your feet, it is very easy to purchase shoes at any store or outlet.
Knowing the rules and details of measuring the size of your feet, it is very easy to purchase shoes at any store or outlet. It is important to remember that the result of successful selection depends on the time of day and the accuracy of calculations.
Instructions on how to properly measure the foot size:
How to determine the size of the shoe: