How to properly tone your hair: tips and means
- Jun 03, 2018
Do you want to make your hair look bright, stylish and shiny? Do you dream of changing the shade? Toning the hair - here it is, the perfect solution!
What is toning?
Toning refers to the coloring of hair with various shade means( mousses, shampoos, sprays, foams, toners, balms) that do not harm their health and structure.
Dyes for toning are of three main types:
- Intense - contain a small amount of oxidant, hold up to 1 to 1.5 months.
- Medium intensity - provide the result no more than 2 weeks.
- Light( foams, mousses, sprays, shampoos) - washed off very quickly, literally for 3 washes.
This procedure has many important advantages:
- Gentle effect. Firstly, the colorant does not penetrate into the middle, but encircles the rod. Secondly, in the means for toning there are no harmful substances( ammonia and hydrogen peroxide);
- Caring effect. The make-up cosmetics often include vitamins, mineral oils and other useful ingredi
- The procedure is available both in the cabin and at home;
- Wide color palette - you can experience almost any tone. The procedure is suitable for blondes and brunettes, redheads and fair-haired;
- The dye is washed off gradually, so the difference between the painted and unpainted strands will be completely invisible;
- If you do not like the result, do not worry - the shade will go away with every wash of your head;
- This is the best way to refresh the color of your hair( dyed or natural);
- One or more tones can be used during the staining process. No less relevant and toning of streaked hair - it will make you incredibly beautiful.
To better assess the merits of the procedure, see the photos before and after.
As for the shortcomings, they will not be so much. Toning means:
- does not paint the gray hair 100%;
- does not change the image drastically. The initial tone can be changed only by 2-3 shades;
- require regular repetitions due to the rapid rinsing of the paint.
In the next video you will get acquainted with the toning of hair by toning means:
The best brands for toning strands
Which color for toning will ensure the result? Which tool should I choose? In this you will probably help a brief overview of brands.
The range of this balsam presents up to 40 different shades - from natural and natural to bold and unusual( pink, blue, violet, etc.).Tonic "ROKOLOR" is available in convenient containers with a tightly screwed lid. It has a pleasant smell and does not contain ammonia. In addition, it includes a lot of vitamins and white flax extract, which moisturize and nourish the hair. Hair after staining acquires a strong shine, which is clearly visible in the sun.
Important! To maintain bright colors, you should either repeat the procedure regularly, or with each shampoo mix shampoo with balm. If you do not like the result, use a tool called "ReTonika".
"Belita-Viteks Color Lux"
Collection of balms "Color Lux" has two dozen different shade means:
- 14 - for natural strands;
- 3 - for clarified hair;
- 3 - for gray hair.
In their composition you will find natural oils of olive and carita, which make the hair soft and shiny. Aggressive components in such balms are not present. The color is washed off after a 5-6 wash of the head.
"Estel Sense De Luxe"
Semi-permanent paint "Estel Sense De Luxe" does not contain ammonia - it allows it to gently affect the strands, as well as the scalp. Among the ingredients you can see a number of nutritional components. This product does not have a typical unpleasant smell, it is easily applied to strands and completely coincides with the picture on the package.
Tinted products of this brand are very often used in beauty salons. They do not have a single drop of ammonia and other aggressive agents, but a lot of ceramides and moisturizing substances that cover the hair with a special glaze. The Matrix range offers 75 different colors for every taste.
Another semi-permanent dye, the palette of which has 32 shades. The coloring compound envelops every hair and makes it shiny and elastic. Toners from "Paul Mitchell" can hide gray strands, if they are not very many. They also protect against harmful UV rays.
Penne and shampoos «Kemon Kroma-Life» are designed for different types of strands. They contain strengthening and moisturizing components that have a beneficial effect on the health of the hair.
This is a series of shade shampoos and balms with a large dose of vitamins. Thanks to them, even burned hair will be able to restore its former structure.
A light toning agent with the effect of lamination. Holds up to 2 weeks.
"Hair Color Products"
This collection includes shade shampoos and mousses, which can be applied after any type of highlighting.
"Kydra sweet color"
The only toner that can be combined with other similar products.
«Igora Expert Mousse» from «Schwarzkopf»
The mousse is produced in bottles of 100 grams and has about 20 shades. It will help to maintain the color of dyed hair and the brightness of natural strands. Having a foamy texture, the product is easily applied and does not flow at all. Depending on the desired result, it can be kept for 5 to 20 minutes. The pigment will begin to wash out after washing.
This gentle toning shampoo not only colors the hair, but also protects it. The "fault" is a rich composition - seed oil of pomegranate, coconut, grape seed, cocoa, raspberry seeds and hazelnut. But the main advantage of "Irida" is the lack of yellowness on the clarified hair. The manufacturer promises that the effect will hold up to 15 puffs. In case of accidental contact with the skin, the product is washed off very easily.
How to do at home?
Each of you can make the toning of the strands. It is enough to use this step-by-step instruction:
- Step 1. Carefully read the instructions for the shade-based product and make a component tolerance test. To do this, apply a small dose of the composition to the inner fold of the elbow or wrist and wait 15 minutes. If the code does not show redness or other unpleasant reactions, boldly go to the hair.
- Step 2. Area along the hair growth line with a very greasy cream or even petroleum jelly. This will not allow the agent to soak in the face and neck. Hands better to protect with rubber gloves.
- Step 3. Carefully comb and comb the sharp tip of the comb into zones.
- Step 4. Using a special brush, lubricate the entire length of the tool from the corks to the tips.
- Step 5. After treating the entire head with a toning agent, once again comb the strands and gently massage the skin with your hands.
- Step 6. Wait the time specified in the instructions.
- Step 7. Wash the dye with plenty of warm water. Shampoo should not be used!
- Step 8. To fix the effect, apply the product twice. The second time - as a balm for 5-10 minutes.
- Step 9. Rinse the strands again and dry naturally.
When choosing a coloring agent, be sure to consider your original hair color.
For example, for dark strands, only similar colors( in tone-two darker / lighter) are ideal, since light pigments on them simply will not take. Choose chocolate, purple, burgundy, red or chestnut. But for light and blond hair, you can safely apply absolutely any tone!
And one more thing: be sure to check the expiration date of the shade product, otherwise you will not just waste your money, but you will get a severe allergic reaction.
How to care for toned hair?
Gentle effect of coloring agents does not abolish the proper care of your hair, especially if you carry out this procedure on a regular basis.
- Use shampoos and conditioners for colored hair;
- To protect your hair from drying out, avoid daily washing your hair. Otherwise, you will wash off the protective layer produced by the skin, which protects the strands from the effects of the external environment;
- After the procedure, do not wash your head for three days;
- Do not combine shading with a chemical wave. Between them must pass at least 2 months;
- If you use indelible foams or sprays, apply them before the creation of the styling and always fix the hairdo with a varnish;
- If the strands were painted with basma or henna, stop on soft remedies - intense balms can give an awful color. Better yet, take a break for several months;
- If there are paint stains on the face, wipe them off with any liquid containing alcohol;
- From under nails, the paint can be easily removed with acetone;
- For "everyday wear" choose close shades. Very bright colors for the party.
See also: How to use toning for hair?