is no coincidence that the capital of Italy - Rome skyline, which reflects the history of three thousand years of existence, the spiritual city. This is one of the most visited tourist places in the world, as historical, architectural memorials of the epoch of Antiquity, the Middle Ages, and the Renaissance have been preserved here. The city is located on the Tiber River and is considered unique, because in its very center is a separate state - the Vatican( the capital of Catholicism).
visiting scenic spots of Rome, dipped into the tourist generations wisdomNij, which is sealed in every building, sculpture, museum. The greatness of previous generations and the romance of modern Europe can be inhaled here.
- 1 greatness and Vatican power
- 2 Commercial Street Rome
- 3 Beautiful Street Rome
- 4 famous monument Italy - Colosseum
- 5 The parks of the city amaze with beauty and splendor
- 6 Fountains of Rome
The greatness and power of the Vatican
The Vatican is a state located in the western part of Rome on the right bank of the Tiber. Founded in 1929 for the spiritual ministers of the Roman Catholic Church. Here is the residence of the Pope. The population is 1000 people.
The Vatican's territory is surrounded by medieval walls to define the boundaries. Inside there are whole palace complexes that conquer grandeur and mystery. In Italy, there are individual objects that belong to the Vatican. These are educational institutions, the summer residence of the pope, the radio station Santa Maria di Gallery, the Basilica of San Giovanni in Lutherno.
Thousands of tourists and pilgrims travel to Rome to seeAn excellent panorama of St. Peter's Square. A twenty-five-meter obelisk rises in the center, and around it are architectural and historical monuments. The main one is St. Peter's Cathedral. He is considered the greatest creation. It was designed by Donato Bramante. Colonnade of 284 columns, created by Lorenzo Bernini, surrounds the square. The facade of the building is designed to the smallest detail by Karl Maderna, and the creation of Michelangelo, with which the cathedral is crowned, still causes astonishment and awe.
Tip! If you climb the dome of St. Peter's Cathedral, you can see the best panorama of Rome. For a walk choose the dawn. It is at this time that the city wakes up and begins to "breathe".
Shopping streets of Rome
For 29 centuries of Rome was not only the economic and political center of Italy, but also throughout Europe. On each street tourists will find the historical value and beauty of the panoramic view.
Roman streets, which must certainly be visited, are conditionally divided into three types:
- the most beautiful.
Shoppers come to the city to admire not only the streets, but also the contents of the windows. Among the many shopping streets to highlight is the Via del Corso and Via Vittoria. Here, shop windows are stretched, where you can cheaply skimp.
The center of brands is Piazza di Spagna. Here, a connoisseur of quality and expensive things will feel comfortable. The main attractions are the Spanish Steps, the Baccaccia Fountain and the Trinita dei Monti Church. In the young part is the palace of Spain led by the column "Immaculate".
Luxurious and elegant in the street Via dei Condotti. It is considered the oldest and is located in the historical center. On it there are shops of manufacturers with a world name.
Jewelry, jewelry and designer bags forTaste can be found on Via Cola di Rienzi. The street is located north of the Vatican. The same area adjacent to it is a sample of the Umbertine style of the late 19th century.
Fast food restaurants are located on the main food market in Rome. It's called Campo di Fiori. The terrain is disorderly, as the houses of merchants and inns are mixed here. Earlier on a rectangular square, executions were carried out.
Tip! Walking in the streets of Rome, you should watch things. Small thieves can spoil the day and the impression of shopping.
Beautiful streets of Rome
In Rome, all the streets can be called beautiful. However, the most fantastic and unique types of tourists celebrate Via dei Coronari and Via Giulia.
Via dei Coronari is located near the bridge of Saint Angela. Famous for selling crowns of roses for pilgrims, who keep their way to St. Peter's Cathedral and trade in religious things. At one time in the adjoining neighborhoods lived well-known courtesans.
Architectural value is represented by the sacred niche created by Antonio de Sangallo. In it is an image depicting the Coronation of the Virgin from the artist Perino del Vaga. The image to this day has been preserved in poor condition.
In the historic center of Rome for a mile and a half Via Giulia street is forgiven. It represents the alternation of palaces and houses for the Florentine diaspora and private houses with shops in the facade.
its grandeur and beauty is also highlighted street Imperial Forum. It affects archaeological artifacts and has a huge historical value. From ancient temples there were massive columns and walls with paintings on stone. Here are the forums of Julius Caesar, Augustus, Trajan, Nerves and the Temple of Peace. Each of them represents the best architectural pattern of its era.
Tip! Many memos are almost not preserved in its original form, so it is important that the traveler has knowledge of the history of street creation and a living imagination.
Famous monument of Italy - Colosseum
Flavian amphitheater is one of the most famous monuments of architecture of Ancient Rome. For a long time the Colosseum was visited as a place of entertainment. Mostly there were gladiatorial fights, sea battles and animal baiting. During his existence, he suffered from fires and destruction, but most of the memo was preserved until today.
Among the architectural features of buildings Architects release:
- elegance and simplicity of design: the central arenaElliptical shape is surrounded by places for spectators;
- on the radius of the arena lie the walls of tuff;
- exterior wall of the amphitheater reaches fifty meters( the height of a twelve-storey house);
- eighty radial walls create original compartments of the structure;
- in each compartment with a separate entrance is placed about 650 people;
- four tiers create an outer wall( the lower lower and three lower arches);
- facing the amphitheater is made of marble( in time was removed for the construction of palaces and churches).
Today, the Colosseum is a source of admiration for visitors, although earlier this place had seen a lot of horror and blood. The amphitheater is open for tourists from nine in the morning until late at night.
Tip! The Colosseum has been restored for a long time, but still you can see here in its original form the underground corridors for catapults, from which animals were released in ancient times. Be sure to visit this monument to plunge into the epoch of gladiators and brave warriors.
The parks of the city amaze with beauty and splendor
A separate category of Rome's attractions can be identified parks. They are all well-kept and green. Not a single traveler will not be indifferent to the monuments of different eras, observation platforms and magnificent gardens with villas.
Villa Borghese occupies 85 acres and begins on the hill of Pincho, from which the most beautiful panorama of Rome opens. Here you can relax under the thick green trees, visit the Galleria Borghese and appreciate the splendor of the collections, take a stroll in the Biopark with animals, watch a movie, have a jog and even ride on rented bikes. It is allowed to have small picnics, feed ducks and go boating. Green park will be remembered for a long time.
House or Villa Torlonia, Mussolini - a monumental complex with a beautiful garden. An excellent example of neoclassicism architecture. Here you can enjoy the amazing nature and beauty of the antique statues that all generations of the Torlonia family have collected.
richest park of fauna diversity - Villa Ada. It is located in the north of Rome. Here you can enjoy a large lake, cypresses, palm trees and even pines. The park is popular with locals, because here you can skate in winter and learn gymnastic routes in the summer.
Park Celio located between the Colosseum and the Baths of Caracalla. It is a small green oasis where you can retire with your thoughts and forget about the frailty of everyday life. Magnificent nature gives wisdom and strength. The villa, which is located here, is the residence of geographers, because it stores important maps of Italy.
Villa Pamfili is located in the area of the hill of Janicolo. This green and huge park welcomes visitors with fresh greens, beautiful flowers, well-groomed shrubs. In the warm season, they go to picnics and photo sessions. You can participate in special cycling tours.
Tip! To rest morally, to enjoy the pristine nature, you should definitely visit the Roman parks. Each of them is good in its own way and will not leave anyone indifferent.
Fountains of Rome
In Rome there are nine main fountains, the panoramic view of which captures and awakens the imagination.
- Aqua Virgo is an aqueduct that supplies three fountains at once: Trevi, Barkaccha and Four rivers. It is a clean source with fresh water. Favorite place of tourists.
- The Barcaccia Fountain is designed in the Baroque style. It is located on the Plaza of Spain and looks like a half-submerged boat. This is a kind of monument to the flood of 1598, during which a boat was flooded in the square.
- The meta Sudanas is a fountain that was located on the Coliseum square until 1963.Now, from him, practically nothing remains. However, people who walk in this area, argue that the place is full of strength, freedom, because earlier in the fountain swam gladiators.
- The Triton Fountain was designed by Lorenzo Bernini. It still works today. It represents 4 dolphins with a huge shell on their tails, in which there is a statue of Triton. Not far from the building is a fountain of bees( also Bernini's work).
- Fontana dei Dioscuri located in front of the Quirinale Palace. Until now, the version has survived since 1818, when Pope Pius Six ordered a new version from Raffaele Stern. Supplemented with an obelisk from the Field of Mars.
- Trevi Fountain was built by architect Nicola Salvi in the facade of the Palazzo Poli. It is designed in the Baroque style and perfectly complements the majestic facade of the palace. This is the largest fountain, which reaches 25.9 meters in height and 19.8 meters in width. It is adorned with mythical characters: Ocean, Tritons, Hippocampus, Neptune. The world of illusions combines with realistic Roman soldiers and a young girl who points them the way to the source.