try to whiten your teeth at home without harm to our enamel. For these purposes, you can use both high-quality bleaching gels, pencils, dental strips, and proven folk remedies.
- 1 whitening gels
- 2 bleaching pencil
- 3 strips whiteness
- 4 tea tree oil
- 5 Wood ashactivated carbon
- 6 lemon, sour berry, apple vinegar
- 7 Hot Coke
- 8 hydrogen peroxide
- 9 baking soda, salt
- 10 To teeth were always white
The main active ingredient of whitening gels is most often hydrogen peroxide. In such formulations, another inorganic compound, called carbamide peroxide-more sparing for tooth enamel, but less active, can be added. Bleaching, in both cases, occurs due to the active oxygen released by peroxide in contact with the enamel.
ASYLASAS and ExpertWhitening gels are considered to be of the highest quality. Not bad proved the compositions
Professional gels used in dental clinics have a similar composition. However, to accelerate the chemical reaction, so-called photobleaching using ultraviolet, LED, halogen or laser irradiation is used. With the help of such methods, whitening for 8-12 tones is done very quickly - within an hour.
Whitening gel on teeth at home can be applied with a conventional toothbrush or brush. Very often the kit includes kapy( covers, put on the teeth), in which the gel is laid. Depending on the concentration of peroxide, the duration of the procedure is from 30 minutes to several hours. To achieve a visible result, it may take from 3 to 15 procedures.
However, some cheap gels designed for home use, may contain aggressive acids sufficiently destroy the enamel, so whitening should only select products from trusted manufacturers. When using substandard gels, it is possible to damage the enamel, as well as getting burns of the oral cavity.
Tip! If there is a thin and "soft" tooth enamel, carrying out any bleaching procedures, including in dental clinics, is contraindicated! Moreover, the effect will not last long. Damaged enamel will begin, like a sponge, to absorb any coloring matter.
pens for whitening are included in the range of many manufacturers. As a matter of fact, these are usual tubes in which the same gel is put in pawn. Its application is made using a brush, brush or special sponge included in the kit. The amount of the applied composition is always indicated on the package.
To perform the procedure, it is necessary:
- to rinse your teeth, removing food residues;
- wipe them with a dry cloth;
- apply the required amount of gel;
- wait 1 to 10 minutes( keep mouth open at this time);
- wash off the gel( in some cases it can evaporate from the surface of the teeth, so you do not need to rinse the mouth);
- after the procedure, food and drink for an hour is not recommended.
Advice! Do not use similar products in the presence of briquettes. The effect of bleaching in this case will be uneven. In addition, bleaching agents can cause corrosion of the metal.
With these strips, you can lighten the teeth 1-4 times. Outwardly they are flexible plates covered with a gel containing hydrogen peroxide or carbamide. When removing the protective sticker, it starts to activate, producing oxygen ions:
- procedure is performed 1-2 times a day at regular intervals;
- the time it takes, depending on the composition of the gel, can vary from 5 to 30 minutes;
- longer strips are glued on the upper row of teeth;A narrow strip is placed on the bottom row;
- each strip is designed for one-time use;
- , after removing the whitening agent, the teeth should be rinsed and then cleaned with toothpaste;
- because during the procedure the enamel slightly softens, do not use colored drinks, coffee, tea, wine, beets, etc. for 2-4 weeks after bleaching.
Tip! Perfectly white tooth enamel does not exist. It necessarily has a slightly yellowish, bluish or slight gray tint, and the characteristics of the color of the teeth are determined genetically. If your teeth are not plaque, formed from smoking, coffee or tea, they should not be whitened. You only damage the healthy enamel.
Tea tree oil
Essential oil, obtained from the leaves of melaleuka - the tree of the family of myrtle - is not only an excellent antiseptic, but also able to soften the plaque and slightly lighten the enamel. However, to achieve a visible effect can only be a long-term use.
Whitening with this product is more gentle - it does not contain aggressive or abrasive substances. You can use it while brushing your teeth. To do this, the brush is first applied to the usual toothpaste, and then added 1-2 drops of tea tree oil. A similar effect is obtained by rinsing the teeth with boiled water, in which a few drops of the agent are added.
Tip! To get the effect, just a couple of drops. A more concentrated composition will tweak the tongue.
Wood ash, activated carbon
Wood ash has long been used as a mild abrasive cleaning agents to the teeth. A similar effect is also possessed by activated carbon, in fact, being a specially treated( "loosened") wood ash.
Make a whitening toothpaste with wood ash is most easy.
Completely burnt wood is sifted through a fine strainer, and then the resulting powder is mixed with sour milk( the acid will help slightly soften the plaque).This "paste" is necessary to clean the teeth a couple of times a week.
Advice! Insulated with a lack of calcium enamel very quickly absorbs any coloring matter. In order to always have strong and white healthy teeth, you should regularly eat dairy products, and at least once a half a year to visit the dentist.
lemon, sour berry, apple vinegar
acid in lemon, strawberry, sour apple or apple vinegar, may adversely affect the quality of enamel, so use them for bleaching Carefully, less than 1 times a week:
- method 1: rub the teeth with lemon peel or strawberries, hold the mouth open for a couple of minutes, and then rinse it with water;
- method 2: squeeze a couple drops of lemon or strawberry juice on the brush, add toothpaste, and brush this mixture with teeth;
- method 3: add to the above mixture baking soda, which when combined with an acid is able to "loosen" the plaque;
- method 4: rinse the teeth with boiled water with the addition of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
Advice! The acid contained in vegetables or fruits will not only whiten your teeth, but also eliminate unpleasant smells and disinfect the oral cavity.
Hot Coca Cola
It turns out that this beverage, when heated, is also able to cope even with a strong coating. After a few rinses with hot Coca Cola, you can clean up the teeth blackened by nicotine and frequent use of tea and coffee.
Before bleaching, they must be brushed off with food. The drink should be preheated to the temperature of hot tea. Rinse the oral cavity they should not more than 5 minutes. In this case, the Coke should be hot enough, but not burning.
Advice! Lately, there has been a lot of information about the negative effects of Coca-Cola for the body, especially for the gastrointestinal tract, so you should not abuse it.
Hydrogen peroxide is known to be a part of many expensive bleaching gels. Why not use the methods of professionals and not include it in the home arsenal of oral care products?
Hydrogen peroxide is a fairly aggressive substance, so it should be used wisely. Too concentrated composition can cause serious damage to the enamel:
- pharmacy preparation with a concentration of 3% is intended for antiseptic treatment of the skin;For a more gentle mucosa such a solution is not suitable - it must be diluted with water( ideal ratio is 1: 1), and rinse with this mixture of the mouth;
- peroxide can be added to ordinary toothpaste during cleaning, 1-2 drops will be more than enough;
- more actively can be affected by enamel with a mixture of peroxide and baking soda;Peroxide in this case will act as binder raiser, and baking soda - an abrasive agent that cleans the "rose" plaque;
- the mixture is applied to the teeth for 2-3 minutes with a cotton swab and left for a few minutes;Then the mouth must be rinsed with water.
Tip! The best remedy for plaque are common apples, especially acid varieties. The use of only 1-2 of these fruits per day will easily and effectively help to cope with the plaque. And the harder the apple, the more effective it will massage the gums and clean the teeth.
Baking soda, table salt
The simplest method of whitening is cleaning teeth with baking soda. It, as well as in previous cases, is added to the toothpaste or mixed with ordinary water until a thick slurry forms. Since baking soda is a strong enough antibacterial agent and is capable of damagingly affecting most harmful bacteria, after cleansing it can be left in your mouth for a couple of minutes, and only then rinse your mouth with water.
Unfortunately, baking soda, like any other abrasive, with long-term use is able not only to clean the teeth, but also to remove the upper layers of the enamel. Therefore, it should not be used more than 2-3 times a month.
Similar to food soda abrasive action is the usual food salt. For cleaning, use only the salt of fine fractions - large crystals can damage the delicate mucous membrane.
Tip! During pregnancy, the tooth enamel becomes thinner, so it is not recommended to whiten them at this time.
To teeth were always white
In conclusion, we offer you some tips on dental care:
- any coloring beverages( juices, soft drinks, red wine) can stain the teeth in an undesirable color, so drink them better throughA straw;
- cleaning procedure should begin with the use of dental floss - rotting food residues between the teeth can contribute to the development of caries;
- high-quality toothpastes can cope with a small bloom, so ignore them not worth it;They must be used twice a day;
- it is necessary to brush teeth for at least 3-5 minutes;
- because harmful bacteria are able to accumulate not only on the teeth, but also in the tongue and gums, they need to be cleaned too;
- after eating it is necessary to use a special rinse aid with antibacterial composition;In its absence, it is better to rinse your mouth with at least ordinary water or eat an apple;
- any food is best seized with a small piece of cheese - the calcium contained in it, will save teeth from caries;at the end of meals can be eaten, and a small piece of chocolate, capable of neutralizing the destructive effect of sugars;
- use of chewing gum helps to remove food debris and stimulate the secretion of saliva, neutralizing the action of acids;but as ruminant gum are quite capable of "pull" even sit tight seal, do not abuse them - they should not chew more than a couple of minutes;
- if fluoride is not enough in drinking water, it is better to buy special fluorinated toothpastes;However, the excess of this substance also adversely affects the health of the oral cavity, as well as its lack;
Before purchasing cleaning agents must first ask, what is the amount of fluoride in natural waters in your area.