Video from handicraft sites offers different ways of weaving from newspaper tubes. But where to start and how to improve their skills, unfortunately, not everyone knows, so they quickly throw their favorite pastime. Today weaving from newspaper tubes is very common. Enterprising needlewomen even earn by selling wickerwork. The advantage of hobbies is that it is not very expensive. For starters, only newspapers and PVA glue are sufficient, but for the durability of the compositions, various types of dyes, glue, lacquer and other additional tools are also used. If you master the ability to weave from newspaper tubes, you can save on household items and gifts to friends. Manual labor is much more expensive, especially if you master all the techniques.
Let's learn how to weave different things from newspaper tubes, each time improving and learning new secrets of skill.
- 1 Weaving techniques
- 2 How to paint newspaper tubes?
- 3 Recommendations for Beginners
- 4 How can we make a basket from the newspaper tubes?
- 5 Plates from newspaper tubes
Weaving from newspaper tubes looks like wickerwork. But it has become a thing of the past because of the long preparatory process: it is necessary to know where, when and how to collect vines, methods of processing and other secrets for storing products. This type of creativity is not suitable for urban residents. The newspaper is another matter, as it is always at hand and written quickly loses its relevance.
By the way, if you master the craft, from newspapersYou can weave anything. You just need to stock up on materials and patience. Although the process itself takes no more time than everyone else's familiar knitting.
For weaving you can use not only black and white newspapers, but also glossy magazines, advertising leaflets, old A4 wallpaper. But hard pages are still more suitable for decorative decoration of frames, vases, mirrors, watches and other items that have been bored with everyday things.
From tube thickness depends on the durability of the product. If it is empty inside, the chance of destroying the product increases manifold. To obtain a material of the same size, use a spoke or a long iron rod. The dense base is stiffer in operation and really resembles a vine in strength.
tubes size depends on the format used by the press. With experience comes the ability to make sticks of any length of the same size. Screw on the needle they should be at an angle of 35 degrees, tightly pressed to the table( if you prefer, you can do on the weight).Brush the newspaper with glue.
There is a regularity in cutting newspapers. It is better to cut down the length or width of the sheet, otherwise the knife will be a stopper, and leave ragged edges. This is the first sign of unprofessionalism.
Also take into account the uniformity of placing a newspaper on the spoke. If it lies unevenly, try cutting the paper in the other direction. Correctly wound tubes are those that are narrowed on one side and slightly widened from the opposite side. This is necessary in order to be convenient in the process of weaving them together.
tip! If you want to make a large object, use a screwdriver to wind up newspaper tubes.
How to paint newspaper tubes?
Paint tubes - this is an optional step, as the newspaper itself is already an original way of decoration. But if there is a desire to impart a one-color color to the product, it is important to pay attention to the paint.
So, you can paint pipes as before weaving, and after it. Use a liquid or powdery( which is then diluted in water) stain for wood. To achieve uniform color, you need to process the tubes in several layers. After drying, they do not lose elasticity, so there is no fundamental difference in the order of the paint. Even color turns out, if you paint white sheets, but the effect is more interesting after coloring of newspapers. The text can not be completely hidden, so the effect of interspersed spots is obtained.
If you want to get newsprint even color, paint her first white or black paint. In general, for these purposes any suitable material with color pigment: gouache, brilliant green, iodine, food is beautiful, a tonic for the hair, acrylic paints. For convenience of color application use a brush or a foam sponge. Do not add lacquer to the paint before starting the weave, it's best to do it after.
impossible not to mention the fact that after staining acrylic tubes, they become brittle, so the netting should be started immediately after painting. Building coats can be smeared after treatment with glue. Also glossy paper can turn out quite the wrong color that you have chosen. Therefore, always make a trial coloring, so as not to regret the time wasted.
Beginners often wonder whether it is necessary to dilute the glue or varnish before the coating begins. It depends on your own preferences. But the PVA is still stronger in undiluted form. There is also a popular dye recipe called "Richard's Compote": water( 0.5 liters) must be mixed with the color, add 1 tbsp. L.Varnish on a water basis. This is a pretty good mixture for painting, but still you need experience and skill.
Tip! To make a finished product for a long time, do not skimp on strengthening the subject. Thoroughly treat it from all sides with PVA glue. It is enough to cover with three coats. You can also use acrylic lacquer. Do not save on the fixing compound, and the product can even be washed.
Recommendations for Beginners
As we have already found out, from newspaper tubes you can weave various objects. But it is better for beginner needlewomen to start with products where tubules need to be glued together. It can be a bottle stand, a box for trinkets, a housekeeper or a stylish pencil maker. This is the best way to practice. So you learn to twist the tubes, paint them, choose the proper thickness for yourself. Subsequently, the acquired skills will be useful in the manufacture of complex large products.
Let's take a look at the ways of creatingPencils and bottles. So, let's get started.
For the original pencil lead , you will need about 25 newspaper tubes, 3 rolls of toilet paper, scissors, thick cardboard, glue and a narrow double-sided adhesive tape. Begin the master-class:
- Rolls make different heights so that the pencil looks original and fresh. Suitable sizes are 10 cm, 9 cm and 8 cm. They need to be completely pasted with adhesive tape and connected together.
- The form of rolls obtained from below is drawn on the cardboard. We got the bottom of the product. It must be cut and glued to the base.
- Lubricate newspaper tubes with glue and glue them one by one on the tape so that the wide part is on the bottom.
- After having pasted the first roll, you need to cut off excess parts of the newspaper and glue the unwinding tips.
- Let's proceed to the second roll. If you place on it the pieces of a newspaper tube cut off in the previous stage, alternate with their tips. The thickness of the material has become different, you need to take this into account, so that the last roll can also be uniformly pasted.
- The ends are also pasted with ducts.
- Decorate the product in any convenient way. You can primer, strengthen and paint.
- Coat the pencil lacquer and use after completely drying.
To create an stand for a bottle of , you will need ready-made tubes( in this case it is better if they are made of glossy paper).As a template, there may be a cone with an undulating top or a cut obliquely. Check that it matches the size of the bottle. Also prepare in advance glue PVA, some досочек and scissors. Follow the instructions:
- Draw the desired template on paper, lay on it the tubes and with the help of the boards, compact them for further gluing.
- Carefully coat the tubes with glue and leave to dry a little.
- Cut the unnecessary parts of the tubes according to the pattern.
- For the convenience of gluing joints between ducts, hot glue and a special gun can be used.
- Mold the product very neatly, because at this stage the fabric is quite flexible, but not yet strong.
- Spread the adhesive on one edge of the stand and glue it to the other. For the time of drying, fasten them with clothespins.
- The bottom of the product can be made of cardboard or newspaper tubes. Pour it to the workpiece.
- Decorate the edges, and hide the ends of the tubes.
- Process the finished product with PVA glue in several layers, until you are sure of its strength.
- Leave to dry, then paint in the desired color.
Advice! The tips of the tubes that remain can be used to decorate any other objects, for example mirrors, clocks or frames for photos.
How to independently weave a basket of newspaper tubes?
The most common variant of weaving from newspaper tubes is the baskets. They can be used in the future for flowers, hiking for mushrooms, for storing Easter attributes, for dirty laundry. It all depends on the size of the product, the strength and availability of the handle.
On a simple example of a small fruit basket, we will learn how to weave baskets of any size together. For this we need newspapers, a can or bottle, PVA glue, knitting needles, scissors, cardboard, ruler and acrylic paint. So, we start:
- Divide newspaper sheets into longitudinal strips having a width of 10 cm Wrap them around the needles so as to lie obliquely relative to the sheet..Twist the paper into the tube and apply glue to the paper at the ends. Blanks should be about 30 pieces.
- Place the jar on the cardboard and circle. Cut two identical circles.
- Skeletal tubes need to be flattened 3 cm on one side and glued to one of the previously cut circles from the flattening side. The second circle should be treated with glue and fastened on top of the first so that the tips of newspaper blanks remained between them.
- Tube lift up and fasten with rubber band. You got a ready-made frame for weaving.
- Now take the tube with the flattened end and wind it around the nearest tube on the right. Tip the tip further, pulling the tube out from the front of the next one. Alternate the workpiece until you get the bottom row. If the newspaper is over, carefully put another tube in its hole.
- Continue braiding until you desired level and then cut the unnecessary ends of the basket and handle the adhesive.
- Pattern the product as desired.
Tip! To make the basket the right shape, insert the jar or flower pot from the second row of the netting already.
from the second row of the weave
As you have already learned how to work with newspaper tubes and feel the material well, you can start making moreComplex products. In this master class we will teach you how to make beautiful plates suitable for storing sweets, baked goods or fruits.
For the production of dishes it is necessary to cut newspaper strips with a width not exceeding 4 cm. The thickness should not exceed 6 mm. It is important to find a suitable paper, otherwise the dish will look messy.
The way the tubes are rolled into a plate is simple enough. The main thing is to be reserved for assiduity, patience and material of the same size. They need to be wound in a spiral until the moment we get the canvas of the right size. Try to connect the tubes so that the reel does not disintegrate from careless movement. Some masters in the process of winding plant a tape from the newspaper immediately on PVA, but in this case you risk ruining the shape of the product, which is very difficult to correct.
A more convenient way to create a plate is to wind up newspaper tubes without glue. Then the right shape is formed by gently pressing the fingers. Only after this the product is primed and decorated.
Vases and bowls with high edges are formed using the same technology. But they are done in several stages. Each detail must be screwed separately and glued together.
Advice! It is better not to make deep plates, since there is a big risk that the bobbin will break up at the stage of forming the dishes.