stylish and fashionable decoration for the house is considered to be of topiary cones. You can make it yourself, which means giving away a part of the soul to create coziness.
round shape Topiary known since the creation of the gardens of Babylon, where bushes and trees gave bizarre round shapes. The development of the art of gardeners continued in the gardens of Japan and Versailles.
- 1 Contents What is Topiary
- 2 Preparatory work
- 3 Making topiary cones
- 4 Autumn Decor: original ideas
- 5 Christmas Topiary - the best decoration
home What is Topiary
Nowadays a European tree or a tree of happiness is made of different materials of natural and artificial origin. It can be coffee beans, acorns, chestnuts, macaroni, nuts, cinnamon sticks and others. Regarding the form, it depends on the manufacturer's imagination. The most common option is a ball, but it does not far away from the cone, heart, figure.
Topiary of cones is considered one of the most simple and spectacular. The material for creating a decorative element can be found in any city, even a metropolis. Even talented children can cope with the scheme of production. And the cone structure turns the jewelry into an original design step. The trunk for the topiary is made of twigs, thick wire, tubules or a combination of different materials.
Decorative Topiary - an artificial small tree, according to legends, capable of attracting the home comfort, warmth and well-being. The classic version of the decoration consists of five main elements:
- Baseball, on which the crown of the product is fastened. It is made from newspapers, montage foam, balloon or polystyrene. In the handicraft shops you can buy already prepared plastic blank.
- Crown, which is considered the main element of the topiary. The choice of materials depends on the imagination of the needlewoman. It can be coffee beans, cones, acorns, Christmas balls and even candies.
- Trunk. You can also make it yourself from cardboard, pencil, twigs. The main thing is to look like a tree.
- Potty. The tree of happiness should be fixed in a flowerpot, a glass or a bank, so as not to fall. Here, too, everything depends on the imagination of the master. Even an ordinary plastic cup can be turned into a work of art.
- Decorative items. To hide the gaps between the main materials and decorate the hand-craft, use the original beautiful decor. For example, the trunk can be decorated with ribbons, and on the bowl add beads, flowers, leaflets.
Topiary in need of care, as well as any element of the interior. If we create it with our own hands, for us it is especially expensive, so follow the rules of operation:
- should be stored from mechanical damage( do not let the child play, do not drop);
- should be protected from direct sunlight, so that the product does not burn out and does not lose its color;
- is regularly cleaned from dust using a soft brush or hair dryer( not high power);
- can not be damped, otherwise the glue will cease to hold the decorative elements;
- if coffee beans are used in decoration, to open a wonderful aroma, you can wipe the ball-base with a damp cloth;
- should not be stored near heating appliances, so as not to overdry the product, which leads to its fragility.
Advice! The crown of a tree of happiness can be executed from any materials, starting from paper flowers, Christmas-tree toys, ending with money, threads and natural materials. Do not be afraid to experiment to create a unique original composition.
Preparatory work for
On the eve of the New Year holidays, it is important to decorate the house with not only Christmas-tree toys, but also fresh fragrant cones. Choosing the material for the craft, pay attention to the fruits of pine, spruce, cedar. However, the products of other coniferous trees will also become an excellent decoration of the interior.
For the tree of happiness, the following materials are needed:
- cones of any coniferous tree;
- thermo gun equipped with silicone glue sticks;
- foam for the base( ball);
- old newspapers;
- decorations for trunk, pot and bowl( ribbons, beads, buttons, moss, artificial or dried flowers);
- gypsum or alabaster( the second one lasts longer);
- dishes from ceramics;
- materials for creating a trunk( wooden stick up to 45 cm);
- spray can with paint;
To make the tree of happiness neat, it is necessary to sort the cones so that only the same size remains. Also, freshly picked cones, do not forget to rinse in water and dry well in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
The oven temperature should be 350 degrees. Check for insects. They should not be in the fruit. To
If as a basis for the European sphere tree you are using foam, make sure that the barrel tightly fastened to it. But better choose old newspapers or papier-mache. Paper should be crushed, put in hot water and add shavings of laundry soap. After the material swells, it is easy to make a ball out of it. However, before decorating it is necessary to dry it well.
For the base, which fully supports the finished structure, it is recommended to choose one of the assembly mixes. It can be cement-sand mortar, gypsum, alabaster or putty. Foam or foam is also suitable. The best option is alabaster, since it does not crack, divorces quickly and easily and in the presence of each building store.
To fill one medium pot with alabaster, you need to mix thoroughly 1 kg of the mixture with three glasses of water. When the consistency of thick sour cream is obtained, the mixture must be poured into the pot. The trunk is installed immediately, it must be kept in one position for 2-3 minutes. The substance dries in 12-24 hours. Only after this, you can decorate the pot with a cloth, beads and other improvised materials.
Tip! To correct the form of an inaccurate newspaper ball, wrap it with threads.
Making a topiary with cones
When the preparation process is completed and all materials are collected, you can proceed with the design of the topiary. If you follow the instructions, you can distinguish such steps of the decorative element:
- Make a trunk out of a wooden stick. You need to cut off the height you want, given the size of the pot and the diameter of the ball. It can be painted, wrapped in ribbons or left as a tree.
- The barrel should be inserted into the ball and tightly fixed with glue. If the foam is based on the ball, then the hole for the barrel must be made in advance.
- Paint Ball paint dark brown so as to mask the gaps between the cones.
- The pot is filled with alabaster so that it does not reach 2-2.5 cm to the top of the container.
- The trunk should be placed in the center of the pot. If inside the alabaster, wait until it dries. If there is a floristic foam, the time is spent much less. Melt Heat
- , apply a small drop of glue to glue the cone and quickly on the preformed ball.
- Repeat the procedure consistently and gently attach the lump to the base. Try not to leave any empty spaces, and the glue was not visible under the cones. If they are of different sizes, try first to fix large cones, then medium and small. In the case of the same size, it is best to place the cones according to the principle of honeycombs.
- The basis in which the trunk of the product is fastened should be decorated. For this, dry moss is very suitable. To keep it always in place, use hot glue.
- Decorate the topiary. You can apply tapes, beads, paint in cartridges and other accessories.
The procedure for making topiary with your own hands will not take much time. But you decorate the interior of the house with a unique author's thing. Therefore, go boldly to the nearest park for cones.
Tip! As stand topiary can be used a glass jar, cup or beaker conventional decorated cloth.
Autumn Decor: original ideas
autumnYou can use a lot of natural materials for crafts and jewelry, which you can do yourself. The most popular are cones, acorns and seasonal dried berries. To bring a little warmth into the house in the cold season, create an autumn topiary yourself. To do this, follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Prepare materials for work. Need a direct line to the trunk, twine, beads gun with glue pad and bronze paint. The main details are acorns with hats and cones.
- Make a ball of wood out of polystyrene or newsprint.
- For the manufacture of the trunk, wind the dry twig with a twig.
- Connect the ready-made newspaper ball and the barrel. Install the structure on the stand.
- Proceed to the design of the tree crown. For this, glue beautiful cones and whole acorns onto a pre-prepared ball.
- After the glue dries, treat the decorated bowl with bronze paint.
- Place corrugated paper in between the acorns and cones.
- You can add beads, decorative fruits and autumn berries to the composition.
- Decorate the pot from above with dry moss or a beautiful cloth.
Remember that the topiary is called the tree of happiness. He brings peace and prosperity to the house. Therefore at its creation there should be only light kind thoughts. Positive mood charges decoration and gives it special power.
Tip! Using acorns to decorate topiary, do not overdry them. In that case they will crack and the fake will deteriorate.
New Year's topiary - the best decoration of the house
When choosing a gift for those close to the New Year, do not forget that things most appreciated are made with your own hands. They store the warmth and tenderness with which we create. Topiary of cones - is no exception. It can be decorated with Christmas-tree needles, rain, Christmas balls and other elements that give a festive mood.
To create a New Year's topiary, prepare in advance a flower pot, unnecessary newspapers, threads, a plastic tube. Glue should be of two types: PVA and Super( if there is no pistol).To fix the structure, choose gypsum plaster or alabaster. For registration of the compositions do not forget to collect pine cones, prepare the white and golden water-emulsion paint, sisal, organza, padding polyester, large pearl beads, toothpicks, scissors, an awl and a brush.
Step by step guide:
- Produce foundation Topiary. Gypsum plaster dilute with water to consistency of sour cream in a special container. Fill the flower pot with the mixture and insert the plastic tubing as the barrel. Paint with golden paint.
- From old newspapers to make a lump and tightly wrap threads to make a ball.
Make a hole for the trunk in the ball, drip glue there and put a pipe in the newspaper ball.
- Cover the ball with a sintepon and tighten it at the base.
- Cones sort, wash, dry and paint with water-dispersion paint. After drying, decorate the cones with a golden sheen.
- At the base of the cones make holes, and with the help of glue put on toothpicks.
- Pearl beads also fastened with glue on toothpicks.
- Organza and sisal cut into square pieces. From the sisal roll balls.
- Start decorating the ball. In free order, make a hole in the balloon with an awl and glue in turn bumps, elder, balls of sisal. Fold the organza several times and also use as decorations.
- With a piece of organza, shake the potty to hide the gypsum filler.
New Year's topiari will be enjoyed as a gift to adults and children. Especially if you add to it the original elements of the type of candy.
Tip! To raise the New Year's mood, add the grapes of viburnum and festive tinsel to the bowl.