With carving of the vegetables and fruits can create complex decorative compositions and still life. Although this art requires special skills, its simplest techniques are accessible to all.
- 1 Required Tools
- 2 Preparation of vegetables and fruits
- 3 simplest examples carving
- 4 Crafts from watermelon
- 5 Effect dark rose bardovye
- 6 Photography master class to create rose from strawberry
- 7 Dahlia
- 8 Chrysanthemum of onions
- 9 Rozochka of tomato, orange or lemon
- 10 chrysanthemum of chinese cabbage
- 11 multileaf flower radish
to create a simple job is not necessarily to use special tools. A sharp enough knife with a thin and flexible blade and a little patience. If you plan to engage seriously in carving, should be reserved set of special tools:
- Thai knife: the main tool with which to do not with the die cutting of small parts;Has a narrow and short sharp-edged blade;
- crescent knife: similar to Thai, but its blade is wider, with it cut out larger patterns;
- long knife: looks like an ordinary kitchen, but has a narrowed blade;It is a universal tool and can be used for any kind of carving;
- karbovochnye knives for cutting the leaves, petals, and other ornamental plant: may be oval, V-shaped, round or square, broad or narrow;
- knives for fluting( grooving);
- small scissors with thin blades for shaping the edges;
- spoon-nouazette for taking out the pulp;
- punching for removing the core of apples or pears and creating notches in patterns: looks like a knife with a tip in the form of a circle;
- grease: a tool for removing the thinnest layer from cheese and other soft products;
- toothpicks and gelatin for bonding items.
Tip! Finished work can be boiled or fried. For example, making flowers from soft boiled carrots and beets is more difficult. Therefore, in the beginning they make figures, and then boil them in pairs. Billets from raw potatoes can be fried in deep frying.
Preparing fruits and vegetables
For carving, practical vegetables are used: Bulgarian and hot pepper, radish, cucumber, pumpkin, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, etc. Of the fruits, apples, oranges, lemons, Melons and watermelons.
The main thing is that the vegetables and fruits are smooth and smooth, with a minimum amount of pulp and seeds. Overripe fruits will not keep in shape, so they should not be used. Important is their color scheme.
All vegetables and fruits are thoroughly washed and dried. Dense vegetables( potatoes, radishes, celery or ginger) should be preliminarily obtained from the refrigerator - in the warmth they are slightly podvyat and become more plastic.
Apples and quince, prone to darkening, pre-sprinkled with a solution of vinegar, lemon juice. To carrots do not break at work, it is soaked in salt water for a couple of hours. Cucumbers and tomatoes should choose the most dense, with a minimum amount of juice.
Tip! Billets from vegetables and fruits can be stored in cold water for several days. So that they do not darken, they are sprinkled with lemon juice and diluted gelatin from the atomizer. Watery fruits are not soaked - they are only periodically sprayed with water when stored.
The simplest examples of carving
With the help of virtuosic carving you can create from vegetables and fruits unusually beautiful edible paintings and ornaments. However, the simplest works can be quite effective, the most important thing is to apply diligence and ingenuity.
We present to your attention the simplest carving of vegetables and fruits with step-by-step photos:
- make an original flower with the help of an ordinary potato peeler - it is enough for its petals to cut off on a circle, for example, with radishes, the thinnest layer, roll it into a tight spiral with pulpInward, and then spread out;
- from a pumpkin, watermelon or melon it is possible to make a spectacular basket or stroller for fruit, ice cream or baking;For this purpose it is better to prepare a template from paper and cut edges and a handle with a sharp knife;Such a product can be decorated with carvings in the form of a flower ornament;
- from a small pumpkin turns out cheerful cups in the form of a head of a tiger cub, a cat, a bear or monkey;Ears and other parts are glued with gelatin;Instead of the eyes, halves of olives or pieces of eggplant are used;
- from a hot pepper for a couple of minutes you can get bright callas if you cut it along the length from the stem to the tip, carefully remove the seeds along with the stem, and then round off the edges of the pepper knife;Now closer to the edge of the pepper, make a small hole and insert seeds into it together with the peduncle;Bright flower is ready.
Tip! To obtain through holes in a thick-walled pumpkin or zucchini, you can use a drill or a drill.
Spectacular dark-bard roses
From the thin edges of the leaves of red cabbage and cucumber "cups" you can make unusual flowers. For this:
- in cabbage, the upper coarse leaves are removed;
- with thin scissors cut edges of sheets 2-3 cm wide;
- from the received bands formed petals: on one strip, depending on its length, they can be 2-3 or more;
- the cucumber is cut off the round tip and the flesh is removed;The edges of the resulting cup are formed with denticles using scissors;
- ready-made cabbage petals are neatly inserted into each cucumber cup;
- thus prepares several roses: from tightly twisted petals, buds are made, out of the straightened - completely blossoming flowers;
- the stem is made from the flesh of any dense vegetable - for example, radishes or veins of cabbage;That he be green, he is put on the onion pen;
- each flower on the stem is fastened with a toothpick;
- foliage can be cut from a leek or a green apple.
Advice! In the technique of carving, the most important place is given to the sharpness of the instrument. Badly sharpened knives or knives of poor-quality steel will crumple the workpiece.
Photo masterclass on creating roses from strawberries
More complicated work is more convenient to perform withSpecial tools. For this work, you need a slightly flattened oval piece of potatoes or a large carrot on the sides. Carrots are best taken without a pronounced core - otherwise the flower will break up:
- to start retreat from the edge a couple of millimeters and an oval knife of medium size, cut out a circle of 7-9 petals;The knife must penetrate the flesh deep enough, but not to the very edge of the workpiece;
- we prepare the second row of petals;For this part of the pulp under the petals of the first row is cut;Too much to delete is not necessary - the number of rows should be as large as possible;
- the tongues of the flower have different sizes, so they must be cut with different knives;
- the last form with the thinnest knife core.
Advice! The resulting masterpiece can be saved for a long time if it is first dried in an attic or near a battery, and then varnished. Of course, it can not be eaten after varnish coating.
Chrysanthemum from onion
Salads, meat or fish dishes can be decorated with a delicate snow-white chrysanthemum. To make the petals thin and lying naturally, it is better to take a small thin-walled bulb:
- after cleaning it should be slightly cut off the top and bottom( not more than half a centimeter);
- with a thin knife cut the bulb crosswise, not cutting to the bottom of 0.5 cm;
- to start the cut follows from the top, from which the feather grows;
- if the incision is shallow, then the flower will not open properly, but if you "open" the head almost to the end, it may just fall apart;
- again cut the bulb crosswise so that the cut line is in the center of the previous slices;
- continue to make cross-section cuts to get the maximum number of lobules;
- does not need to try to separate the lobules with hands, otherwise the flower will break;The bulb should be simply put for an hour in cold water - the chrysanthemum will dissolve itself;If the walls of the onion are more dense( this depends on the type of the onion), it may take more than an hour to unravel the flower;
- for dyeing chrysanthemum can be dipped in food coloring, beet, cherry juice, black currant juice, red wine or saffron infusion;You can not shade the whole flower, but only its tips.
Advice! A flower from a bulb may have larger lobules. To make it, it is necessary to cut only the upper two layers into four parts, the first layer of the petals must be unbent, and the second one must be removed with a knife. With the following layers do exactly the same. In the finished flower, the petals are arranged in a staggered manner relative to each other.
Rosa from tomato, orange or lemon
To make this bright flower you do not need special tools - just a sharp knife:
- cut the tomato in half;
- we cut the received half into small equal semicircular segments;
- "stretch" the chopped tomato on the board, trying not to shift any of its parts;
- gently twist one of the edges of our figure;
- to move the finished flower to the dish, you should wrap it on both sides with your hands and tightly squeeze;
- with a small sharp knife we cut out for a rose a pair of green leaves from a skin of a cucumber;They can be made from thin strips of cucumber, folded in half;
- the same flower is made from orange or lemon;Cut them should be very thin slices along with the skin.
Advice! Jewelry must be combined with a dish to taste. Hot from a fish or meat it is better to decorate with tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers. Sea delicacies perfectly harmonize with lemon. Fruit is an ideal decoration for dessert.Chrysanthemum from Chinese cabbage
For work, you will need an oval or triangular carving knife with a special groove and a small tight head of Chinese cabbage:
- , the top leaves and the coarse lower part of the stump are removed from the head so that the leaves do not fall apart;
- its top part is cut almost half so that from the place where the leaves are fastened in the area of the former stump is 12-15 cm;
- we will work only with large streaks of cabbage, its green parts are completely removed;
- with a carving knife, thin sections of different lengths from the top to the center of the head are made along the veins;Closer to the stump knife deepens deeper - we need to get petals, thin at the edges and denser to the center;
- subsequent rows are cut also;Closer to the center we make the petals shorter;
the ready flower is put in cold water;In half an hour the thin petals should bend, and the chrysanthemum will acquire an elegant form.
Advice! For the development of carving vegetables and fruits for beginners( see photo) it is not necessary to purchase a whole set of tools. Some of them can be made independently. For example, you can make a carving knife with a thin cover from under the olives. It is bent at an angle so that a groove is obtained. For carving, you can use any tools for woodcarving.
Multi-flower flower from radish
It is possible to quickly make such a flower with the help of an ordinary sharp knife. To do this, the top and bottom parts are slightly cut off from the radish and several parallel slits are made on the sides of the root crop. The more they are located more often, the more elegant the flower will be.
The second radish is cut into thin petal-shaped slices. The resulting petals are carefully inserted into the slits of the first radish.
It is better to master the carving of vegetables and fruits by photo or video.