Almost everyone knows how strong a toothache is, but few can immediately figure out what helps with toothache. Sore teeth sharply, jerks, sometimes this aching pain takes all thoughts, so it must be able to cope quickly. However, if you are at home, and to the nearest clinic or at least a pharmacy you do not get, how can you help yourself? Today we will just talk about the means by which you can extinguish a sharp toothache in order to safely visit a dentist.
- 1 First action for the appearance of pain
- 2 Tools and medicines
- 3 What helps with toothache whenPregnancy?
- 4 People pets doctors
- 5 Essential oils and massage
first actions with the appearance of pain
However, before you grab for some tools and products, let'sThe situation that you have a sharp toothache, for example, when eating. What do you need to do?
- Your first steps should be immediate mouth rinsing and brushing your teeth. Clean the entire mouth of stuck pieces of meat or fruit, which often get stuck stronger. This is important in order that the remaining food particles can not continue irritation of the oral mucosa and the actual painful place.
- A common stereotype about putting ice on is a terrible dream! Of course, at first it will really become a little easier for you, and the pain will go away, but the subsequent thawing of the place will bring you even more painful sensations. With all this you can chill the dental nerve, which will lead to even greater problems and aggravation of the disease.
- For ice water in the mouth also forget, because either the situation will be the same as with ice, or you will get a swollen flux or inflammation. And here the real surgeon intervention will be required.
- By the way, warming up the diseased place is also fraught with troubles, or rather, unpleasant sensations, as heat will cause new blood flows to the sore spot, and this will lead to increased pain.
- Do not sting the pain with anything else, in order to avoid getting food on the sick tooth.
Advice! If you do not have anything that is good for a toothache, try to distract yourself. Look for an interesting film, play a desktop or video game, come up with a hobby or just go for a walk( though, see to it that you do not catch a painful patch).The main rule - do not lie. Unfortunately, this will further activate your blood circulation, which, as we already know, will lead to an increase in the painful sensation.
Tools and medicines
If you do not have a quick opportunity to visit a dentist, then let's try to use their main weapon - medicines. A lot of different ointments, sprays and tablets have been developed that supposedly will help in this situation, we'll really tell you about which pills and other medicines best help with toothache. Let's start with those that are most often used by the main mass of people:
From the title it becomes clear that the main effect of this drug is spasmolytic, but it is also an anesthetic. If your pain is not yet so strong and you have time to reach the doctor on the same day, then Spasmalgone will get distracted from your toothache.
- Indications : Sensitive headache or toothache, spasm arising.
- Action of : The main active ingredient is analgin, which, together with the rest of the drug, penetrates into the smooth muscle tissue, helping them to relax and block the impulses of toothache. For the desired effect, one or two tablets are used, but not more than six per day.
Tip! Contraindicated for children less than six years old, with pregnancy and breastfeeding.
If in the previous version, analgin was used as an ingredient, then metamizole sodium is presented in pure form. We all know Analgin well, but does he help with toothache? In fact, at present it is rather weak and, one might say, already outdated. But try to use it, when there is nothing at hand anymore, you can.
- Indications : Slight headache or toothache, spasm arising.
- Action : Take half the pills to stop the painful spasm, but no more than four per day.
Advice! Contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding, alcohol intake, vascular disease, liver and kidney problems.
As part of this preparation has the familiar aspirin, caffeine and paracetamol, are harmoniously working together, help get rid of many symptoms. The drug is well known and has proven itself from the best side, therefore, taking Citramon, you can be sure that it will help with toothache.
- Indications : Pain, inflammation, temperature and fever.
- Action of : Citramone has been created as an antipyretic and anesthetic, so it also copes well with pain and normalizes blood circulation. It also improves the flow of blood to the brain and helps restore the normal work of the respiratory center, heart and kidneys. Do not take more than three tablets per day.
Tip! contraindicated for children under fifteen, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, ulcers, gastritis, liver and kidney failure, and coronary heart disease.
What helps with toothache during pregnancy?
Of course, pregnant women also have problems of this kind, and the most common drugs for them are prohibited and contraindicated. But there are those that are suitable for women during pregnancy or breast-feeding.
Let's look at a few options:
very famous means having antispasmodic action. It is often used even for prevention, which in many respects speaks about its safety. Many reviews of ordinary people assure that No-shpa well helps with toothache, we also agree that it really helps.
- Indications : Headache and dental inflammatory pain.
- Action : Helps reduce the intake of calcium ions and relax muscle tissue in the mouth. It dilates the blood vessels. No-shpa is taken 60-120 milligrams twice a day.
Tip! Contraindicated for people suffering from kidney, liver and heart failure and for children up to one year when using tablets.
One of the most popular means of all painkillers, because it has a wide range of people who have it can be applied, which includes pregnant women and children. It is used for a variety of symptoms, including Nurofen helps and from toothache.
- Indications: Headache, dental, menstrual pain, heat and high fever.
- Action of : Take no more than six tablets per day( one thousand two hundred milligrams).
Tip! Contraindicated for children under 3 months of age, for pregnant women in the third trimester and for people suffering from blood, kidney and liver diseases, visual and hearing impairment.
Another tool that is approved for pregnant women and children. In the opinion of a significant number of the population of our country, Paracetamol is a good remedy for toothache, but it is known primarily for helping against heat and hung temperature.
- Indications : Heat, not severe headache or toothache, fever.
- Action of : The drug is more aimed at lowering temperature and fighting heat, but it can also bring a slight relief of dental or headache. If you have nothing else at hand, then Paracetamol will do for a short time.
Take no more than three to four grams per day and one and a half grams at a time.
Tip! Contraindicated in the failure of the kidneys and liver, as well as in the presence of inflammation of the rectal mucosa, if you use rectal Paracetamol.
Folk house doctors
Sometimes you are overwhelmed by a very strong toothache, but the pills you find do not help, but you can not go to the doctor( for example, it's a deep night).Then you can try to stop or shorten the pain, using some popular advice. You will surely find something more or less suitable for yourself and, perhaps, it will bring you relief. Here are some options:
- Tincture of propolis on alcohol with a sterile cotton fleece can put a sore spot next to the tooth and leave this wad for the next half an hour. If the propolis you have in the plates, then you are lucky even more. Each plate you need to plug a hole from the caries, or you can just put them next to the tooth. However, if you have an allergy to honey, then the way you are contraindicated.
- One tablespoon sage pour two hundred milliliters of boiled water and put the solution to boil for fifteen minutes, after whichCool down. Put into your mouth a slightly warm broth and keep it next to the tooth for half a minute. Every six minutes, repeat the process until the broth is over or the toothache is gone.
- Take vodka , warm it to room temperature and start rinsing her mouth without swallowing it. The gums should slowly begin to grow numb, and this will help you get rid of the pain.
- Take the ice cube and, instead of the cheek, attach it to the place between the thumb and forefinger. This will distract the brain from the pain in the tooth. If there is no ice, just carefully massage this place.
- Find the place on the wrist that pulses most, and carefully rub it with garlic .And you need to spread the opposite hand to the tooth, that is, if the tooth hurts on the right, then the wrist must necessarily be left.
- Take a pair of teeth garlic and a little onion , but so that both ingredients are in equal volume. Grind them on a fine grater or with a well-sharpened knife, then mix thoroughly and slightly salt. The resulting mixture should be gently put exclusively in place, affected by tooth decay, then cover everything on top with a sterile cotton fleece and gently clamp the teeth.
Advice! Before using each of these tips, check on your wrist whether you are allergic to any particular ingredient. If your wrist is covered with a rash or turns red, then you should not conduct such experiments with health.
Essential oils and massage
Some of you have different essential aroma oils in your assortment of the house, and these people are very lucky, because if they are overtaken by a toothache, these oils are what will help them at home. But how does this work at all, and what kind of oils are useful in this case? It is better to explain at once the last: first of all, the oils of coniferous trees, especially fir, cloves and lavender flowers, as well as herbs of mint, coriander and St. John's wort will help you.
But how exactly should you take advantage of these wonderful medicines? Take a sterile cotton wool, drip on it the oil that you have and carefully attach it to the aching tooth, closing the jaws after that. Hold for a while until the pain begins to go away. After remove the cotton wool. Next, you need to start massaging the earlobe with your thumb and forefinger to fix the result. You take off the pain for a considerable time, if with it try to drink a pill or have one of the folk procedures.
Advice! All these procedures do not cancel the fact that you need to visit a doctor as soon as possible. You should make a trip to the dental in the very near future, so that pain does not resume, and there were no more serious health problems.
We hope that this information was useful to you and helped you to cope with your problem. Watch your health!