Often during pregnancy it is difficult to walk and it is uncomfortable to sit or lie. The volumetric abdomen does not allow to take a comfortable pose. During this period, a special support or a roller of a certain shape will become a real salvation. Such a pillow will help to comfortably accommodate and have a wonderful rest. If you do not want to spend money on such a product, then using a special instruction and small skills in a sewing business will get a magnificent pillow for pregnant women with their own hands.
Such an adaptation is useful not only during pregnancy, but also for feeding the child in the future.
- 1 Why do I need a pillow for pregnant women?
- 2 What are the shapes and sizes?
- 3 How to use a pillow for pregnant women?
- 4 Varieties
- 5 filler Choice
- 6 How to sew a pillow
- 7 own choice of material
- 8 Stages of
- 9 Useful
recommendations What is the pillow for pregnant?
In order for a night sleep to be full, a posture is necessary in which the body will relax as much as possible and normal blood flow will be provided. When pregnant, the growing abdomen creates a load for the spine, which contributes to the curvature and the appearance of muscle clamps. Orthopedic pillow helps maintain the body in a comfortable position, which helps to relax the muscles of the back.
have atextile accessories has the following advantages:
- help to find a comfortable position for pregnant women to sleep, relax, to eat, watching a movie or reading a book.
- Reduces the burden on the spine, which is especially true from the second trimester. The roller is used as a support for the legs, sides or under the waist.
- This version of the pillow can be put under the belly, which will not cause any discomfort.
- The pillow is distributed evenly, which relieves the muscles.
Tip! After the birth of the baby, it is used for feeding. With her help, you can free your hands, which will ease pressure on your back. From the roller, you can create a place for sleeping and for playing the baby.
What are the shapes and sizes?
Before you decide how to sew a pillow for pregnant women with their hands, you need to pay attention to some important points:
- cylinder shape and curves. Orthopedic products take into account the anatomical features of the pregnant woman. They can be used to relax in a sitting or reclining position. In the future, the pillow is used to care for the child.
- The dimensions of the product depend on the growth of the woman and the dimensions of the berth. It is necessary to determine the width of the roller and the total length.
Tip! In pregnancy, you need to trust your own feelings, which during this period are exacerbated. It is better to trust your body and choose a pose that is more like it. After all, discomfort is felt with wrong blood flow.
How to use a pillow for pregnant women?
For a comfortable sleep, you should find a convenient location. Since at this time the muscles should be relaxed, it is necessary to lay the pillow over the most strained parts of the body:
- When back pain, it is important to relieve the backbone. You can lie on one side and put a leg that is on top of the roller.
- If the legs are tired and swollen, then the pillow can be placed under the ankles or knees.
- In case of discomfort in the neck area, the roller is placed under it. This allows you to stretch and relax the vertebrae.
This pillow is multifunctional. With it, you can feed the baby, and also put it to sleep, limiting the sleeper with a high roller. But this can be done until the child can not turn himself.
Tip! If a woman sleeps on her back, the fetus will squeeze the lower vena cava, which will lead to poor health and blood supply problems. According to statistics, about 27% of women prefer to rest on their backs.
Pillow for pregnant women of any variety is easily done with their own hands. Such a product can have a variety of forms - horseshoe, boomerang, bagel or banana.
Tip! In order not to purchase different types of rollers, you can purchase a variant of the transformer. It consists of three elements. These are two straight details and bagel. They can be combined in the form of a horseshoe, smooth roller or boomerang.
The pillow U is a multifunctional design. The curved shape allows to support the body from two sides, and also helps to relax.
In the position on the side it is placed along the sleeper. At the same time, there is a head in the bending point. To relax with your legs raised - the ends of the product are crossed under the knees. Like this product lovers often turn over, because it does not need to move. With this option, the back and abdomen are maintained evenly, and the load is distributed correctly.
When feeding, the mother is inside the horseshoe, and one edge is bent under the back of the baby. The shape of the pillow will help the baby comfortably with his first attempts to sit down.
For such a dimensional product requires a spacious bed. The product is made in different modifications. The length is 280, 340 or 380 cm. The width of the bead often has a standard size of 35 cm.
The item is the bagel
This is the so-called C-shaped roller. It is used as follows: laid along the bed, one bend is located under the body, and the second under the knees. The abdomen is placed in the center of the letter. After childbirth in such a space, you can put the baby to sleep.
This product has a folded end. It fits along the body. In this case, the bend may be at the head or at the feet. There are such variations of the product: a straight roller or in the form of a hook.
Cushion - boomerang
This roller is a soft corner, which is located under the back, abdomen, legs or under the neck. It can be folded into a horseshoe or straightened in a straight line. The advantages of such a product include compactness and mobility. Such an accessory can be taken with a trip.
Roller in the form of a banana
This option is used for a limited space. It differs from an even cushion with a small bend. It can be placed under your back, under your feet, and around your abdomen.
This roller does not take up much space. It is suitable for sleeping on the side and with it you can rest in a reclining position.
Choice of filler
It is worth paying extra attention to the contents of the pillow. The filler should be safe for the mother and for the unborn child.
Often used holofayber, which is a synthetic fluff. The material consists of spiral filaments, which, when squeezed, become densified, and when the load is removed, they acquire the original shape. Due to this property, the material is successfully used for orthopedic products.
pillow. Synthetic fluff is a springy and soft filler. It is easy to crush, but it quickly assumes its original position. Such material keeps the heat well and allows air to pass through. This avoids the appearance of a greenhouse effect.
Polystyrene balls with a diameter of 1 mm are used as a filler. Such products are more rigid. They keep the form well and can be given any form. Polystyrene is considered an excellent insulator. It prevents heat losses. Therefore, in the heat on such material, the body sweats.
The material for the pillowcase must be of good quality. It should be natural and pleasant to the touch. It is better to choose coarse calico or cotton.
Tip! The holofayber does not contain synthetic glue, therefore it can be attributed to hypoallergenic materials. And when choosing a polystyrene filler, you need to consider that the balls emit rustling sounds.
How to sew a pillow yourself
Anatomical ridges are not an expensive pleasure. Therefore, the ideal solution will be a pillow for pregnant women, made by own hands. To do this, you will need patterns and quality material. The creation of a useful product necessarily includes the following stages:
- A suitable pattern is drawn. It is important to consider the length of the product, as well as the width of each roller.
- is produced Cutting material. For sewing, you need two elements of the same shape.
- Obtained forms must be struck along the perimeter from the wrong side. On the one hand, you need to leave a small area without lines. Through it, the pillowcase is turned and filled with filler.
Tip! For such a product, you must immediately sew two pillowcases, which are carried out for the same pattern, but with a small allowance.
Choice of material
Pillow for pregnant women with their own hands involves learning a master class that begins with the preparation of materials and tools:
- sewing machine, needles and threads;
- scissors and pencils;
- drawing paper;
- fabrics for products and pillow cases;
The tissue should not cause an allergic reaction. As an option, you can choose flax, cotton or coarse calico. And for pillow cases it is possible to apply knitwear, velor or plush. If time allows, then a luxurious pillowcase can be tied up with your own hands.
The filler must also have hypoallergenic properties. A good option is a holofiber. But you can apply other materials: foam rubber, cotton wool, sintepon or buckwheat husk. To fasten the pillowcase you will need a velcro, snake or buttons.
Advice! Holofayber is resistant to all kinds of mites and parasites. He does not absorb odors, but it is worth considering that he is afraid of getting wet. Ecologically clean material is buckwheat husks.
Stages of work
The simplest option is a traditional pillow for pregnant women in the form of a horseshoe. Running as follows:
- Pattern is drawn on paper and cut. The fabric folds in half. The front side fits inside. The center of the pattern is connected by the bend of matter.
- Pattern is transferred to the fabric.
- The fabric should be fixed with pins.
- It is necessary to cut out two parts from the fabric, which are turned by the outer side to each other and fastened with pins.
- The details are swept along the lines of drawing and are machine-readable.
- Only a small area is left unassisted.
- The cover has to be straight-stitched along the entire contour, and the cuts are processed by an overlock, a wrapping seam or a zigzag.
- The cover is turned to the outside.
- Filler is placed through the hole left. Then it is sewn.
Using patterns, sewn pillowcases. For them it is necessary to leave small allowances. In a similar way, you can sew products of any other shape.
If you have discomfort, you need to find out its cause. Orthopedic accessories are designed to reduce discomfort in the knees, ankles, abdomen or shoulders. If one place hurts for a long time, it may be a problem in poor posture, malnutrition or heavy lifting.
For painful sensations in several places, it is worth choosing a product of small size and wedge shape. If there is general discomfort, you can buy a pillow in full growth or a curved shape.
Textile accessories must be of high quality and have a smooth finish. It needs to be touched and tried to be folded to determine if the padding material is getting into the lumps.
During sleep, neck and head should be maintained. In this case, the spine will be in a level position. A twisted posture will cause painful symptoms in the shoulders or in the neck.
You can not use a pillow to support the baby if it can move itself. Also, do not use it as a child's bedding, if it is not intended for children's use.
Studying the useful properties and features of an orthopedic product will create a comfortable environment for any pregnant woman. A manual for self-tailoring will help make a quality, comfortable and multifunctional pillow on its own, using only improvised materials.