Red beans came to us from the expanses of South America and India. It was there that people got acquainted with this plant, and from there it began its victorious procession around the world. Today there are many varieties and species. This plant is considered one of the most accessible sources of vegetable protein, which is perfectly absorbed by the human body. Beans, colored in red, according to scientists, differ from other varieties with a higher content of vitamins and trace elements. However, to use them without fear, you should know that the product brings not only good, but also harm.
- 1 composition and the use of red beans
- 2 Red beans in folk medicine
- 3 Women
- 4 In the children's menu
- 5 cosmetic
- 6 for weight loss and diets
- 7 Contraindications and possible harm
- 8 user reviews
composition and the use of red beans
beans have long been ZarekI endeavored myself as a tasty and satisfying product. But the dishes made from it, also have a lot of useful properties. This is due to the rich vitamin and mineral composition of beans of red beans.
Table: chemical composition, vitamins and caloric content of fresh and cooked
|93 Calories kcal||99 kcal|
|Fats||0,9 g||0,32 g|
|Carbohydrates||11,6 g||4,1 g|
|Water||813 g||93.39 g|
|Ash||0.95 g||0.34 g|
|Thiamin( Vit B1)||0,23 mg||0.067 mg|
|Riboflavin( vit. B2)||0,175 mg||0,059 mg|
|pantothenic acid( vit. B5)||0,74 mg||0,235 mg|
|Pyridoxine( vit. B6)||0,171 mg||0,054 mg|
|folic acid( vit. B9)||118 mcg 29 mcg|
|Ascorbic acid( vit. C)||21,7 mg||6,1 mg|
|Nicotinic acid( vit. PP)||2.28 mg||0.725 mg|
|Potassium||207 mg||98 mg|
|Magnesium||53 mg||18 mg|
|Sodium||153 mg||51 mg|
|Iron||1,57 mg||0,66 mg|
|Manganese||0,366 mg||0,123 mg|
|Copper 320 mcg 107 mcg|
|Selenium||0.6 μg||0.6 μg|
|Zinc||0.5 mg||0.17 mg|
Despite the fact that during heat treatment the amount of vitamins and minerals is slightly reduced, the balance is sufficient to provide her the useful qualities that make red beans welcome guest at each table.
Red beans can be called a universal product. In its composition it contains almost all the elements necessary for a person to live normally.
- Thanks to an extensive list and the number of B vitamins, beans quite able to support, and if necessary, strengthen the immune system shaken.
- Since its beans are rich in fiber, then constantly including this product in your diet, you can not worry about the health of the intestines. In addition, that the regular chair in this case will be provided, insoluble fiber capture and withdraw out all toxins that are deposited on the intestinal walls. This ability can be considered an effective prevention of cancer of this body.
- The same fiber contributes to the stabilization of indicators of sugar levels, so use will be useful to those who suffer from diabetes.
- It is recommended for iron deficiency anemia, because the high iron content in these beans helps to raise hemoglobin.
- Dishes from this product have a diuretic effect. In addition, its substances contribute to the dissolution of kidney stones.
- Red beans can become the basis of the diet of those who are trying to lose weight. Low calorie and high protein content make it available for use in so many diets. Equally important is the plant's ability to serve as an excellent source of energy. That is why dishes from it will be useful for children.
- In addition to the fact that the beans of this plant are a valuable food, they are very in demand and as a cosmetic product. Vitamin B6, which contains red beans in sufficient quantities, provide the skin a healthy appearance, even if just 1-2 times a week to eat food from it, well, and using it as a basis for masks, we can achieve a stunning effect.
Beans are the most popular food product in the world, but the leaders in its consumption are the English. The amount of fried beans consumed by the inhabitants of this kingdom exceeds the combined indicators of all other countries.
Red beans in folk medicine
Therapeutic bean properties have been known since ancient times. Almost all parts of the plant are used from flowers, beans and stems to shells( leaves) of the pod. But not all varieties have the same medicinal properties. It is believed that it is red because of the greater content of vitamins is more effective in the treatment of many diseases.
In this disease using the red, however, like any other beans as food nutritionists do not recommend .And this applies not only to the period of exacerbation of the disease, but even for persistent remission. Food prepared from beans is quite heavy and requires a lot of gastric juice for processing. Therefore, it will irritate the pancreas. However, on the basis of this plant for a long time, preparations have been made to alleviate the condition of the patient with this disease.
- To remove pain and reduce inflammation, decoction from the dry leaves of this plant will help. For its preparation 1 tbsp. L.Dry powdered substance pour a glass of boiling water, boil for 15 minutes. On a low heat, wrapped, allowed to stand for another half hour and filtered. Take nastoya infusion before meals for 0.5 cup three times a day.
- To alleviate the condition with chronic pancreatitis it is possible if you take 100-200 ml of juice, squeezed from fresh bean beans. The optimal time for preparation of such a drug is the period from June to September. It is at this time that the beans begin to ripen. Freshly squeezed juice is taken three times a day with the addition of 1 tbsp. L.Honey.
In case of diabetes mellitus type I and II
Proper nutrition with diabetes is the basis of well-being. Particularly important in this case is the availability in the diet of a full set of vitamins and nutrients. Red beans fully meet these requirements. Possessing the richest reserves of mineral substances, it not only is able to fully satisfy the body's need, but also to influence the most important index in this disease - the sugar level. And if in diabetes type I bean beans are desirable to use in the menu, for a patient with type II diabetes they are simply necessary. In some cases, the simple inclusion of such meals in the daily diet helps to normalize the level of sugar. In addition, the substances in its composition have a beneficial effect on the condition of the vascular wall, strengthening it, which is also of great importance in this disease.
In addition to the presence of many amino acids, unique proteins and carbohydrates in the fibers of beans, doctors believe that some of its components are similar in their characteristics to the composition of inulin( plant analogue of insulin) and have its properties.
With this disease, there are no special restrictions on the preparation of red beans, but in order to get the maximum benefit, it should be properly boiled. To start, you need to soak the beans. It is necessary to do this, as this reduces the concentration of substances that cause increased gas production. Soaking time can vary from 4-6 hours to 24 hours, but usually the beans are left in the water for the night. Soaked beans, without draining the water, put on the fire and bring to a boil. After that, the water is drained, the cold is poured again and brought back to a boil. This procedure is repeated at least 3 times and in the fourth water the beans are brought to the ready. Usually it takes 20-30 minutes. Salt it better after it is finally cooked. It is not recommended to interfere with the dish when cooking, at the very least it should be done very carefully. Prepared in this way, the dish will become a good basis for garnish and will not cause discomfort in the intestines.
With diabetes, beans can be used not only as a useful food product, but also as a medicine. Broths and tinctures made from beans and dried flaps of this plant can reduce sugar by 30-40%.In addition, they have a diuretic effect.
- You can use a decoction of red beans. For its preparation 1 tbsp. L.Beans are poured a glass of boiling water and kept in a water bath for 30 minutes. After that 10 min. He is allowed to brew, filter and take 2 tbsp. L.4 times a day.
- 15 g of ground dry leaves are poured 200 ml of boiling water and boiled over low heat for 10 minutes. The broth is allowed to cool and then filtered. Take up to 2 tablespoons before meals. L.3 times.
- The thermos is poured 2 tbsp. L.Shredded flaps and poured 0.5 liters of boiling water. Insist means 4 hours, filter and take 0.5 glasses before meals 2 times a day.
In cases of stomach and bowel disease
If a person suffers from gastritis, gastric and intestinal ulcers, cholecystitis, use red beans as a foodRecommend. Still, it is quite heavy food and for its processing the body must make considerable efforts, and this, in turn, can provoke even more irritation of the damaged mucosa. But as a medicine for these pathologies, decoctions and infusions of beans are known since antiquity.
- The dried bean leaves are ground to a powdery state.1 tbsp. L.The resulting powder is poured into 1 liter of boiling water and is cooked on the slowest heat for 4 hours. After this, the product is filtered and drunk in small sips throughout the day. The daily dose is 0.5 liters.
Red beans not only help get rid of kidney stones, but also remove swelling, the cause of which lies in this organ.
- A good diuretic effect is the infusion of bean flowers. For its preparation, 20 g of dry matter is poured into 200 ml of boiling water and insisted for 10 minutes. Take it you need to 0.5 cup of 3 to 5 times a day on an empty stomach.
- Decoction from the bean leaves also displays excess fluid, with which the sand leaves. To prepare an infusion of 1 tbsp. L.Pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and, wrapped, insist 1 hour. After this, the infusion is filtered and taken 0.5 cup three times a day. Before you drink it, the product needs to be slightly heated.
- You can use a thermos to prepare the infusion. For this, the leaves are ground, 40 g are placed in a thermos, pour 1 liter of boiling water and leave overnight. After this, infusion filter and take a glass 3 times a day.
In case of skin damage
- Accelerate the healing of wounds and burns if sprinkled with powder prepared from dried bean leaves. It is also recommended to use it for eczema.
- For boils, red bean beans are ground into flour and, mixed with an equal amount of honey, are applied to the affected area. Continue such applications before the maturation of the abscess.
Red beans must be present in the diet of every pregnant woman. A large number of vitamins and trace elements are useful both for the mother's body and for the developing fetus. The high content of B vitamins will help cope with the manifestations of toxicosis, cellulose will prevent constipation, and iron will be a good helper in the prevention of anemia. The diuretic properties of this product can also be used, with the help of which it is possible to cope with edema accompanying pregnancy. Red beans are especially valuable for those mothers who decided to give up animal food. Its proteins are quite capable to replace animals and allow not to change their principles even in conditions of increased demand, which dictates pregnancy.
But to get the benefits of these beans in full, beans must be properly prepared. For this, it must be soaked. Since fried foods are considered quite heavy, during pregnancy, preference should be given to cooked or stewed dishes. In addition, red beans perfectly complement vegetable salads.
Stewed beans with vegetables
- 1 glass of red beans;
- 1 onion;
- 3 tomatoes;
- 2 tbsp. L.Sour cream;
- 2 tbsp. L.Vegetable oil;
- salt, spices to taste.
Bean boil until cooked and put into a deep frying pan. There also add chopped vegetables, vegetable oil and sour cream. Stew the dish on low heat under the lid for another 30 minutes. For 5 minutes. Until ready to salt and add your favorite spices.
100 g dishes contain 80.57 kcal, including:
- protein 3.35 g;
- fats 4.06 g;
- carbohydrates 7.8 g.
Despite the fact that many consider red beans as a product that causes increased gas formation, when lactating it is not contraindicated. Of course, if the baby is prone to colic, then it is necessary to abstain from it, but to try to introduce into this diet this extremely useful product is still worth it. Do this usually after the child is 4 months old. In the first meal, only a few cooked beans are eaten. Do this in the morning and preferably not on an empty stomach. If everything went well and the kid did not react to the new menu component, the portion can be slightly increased. In the event that the child did not like something( the chair was broken, colic appeared), the beans should be deleted for several weeks, and then make another attempt.
Lobio of beans
- 1 glass of red beans;
- 2 tbsp. L.Vegetable oil;
- 1 onion.
Beans soak overnight, and then boil until cooked. Cut onion and pass in vegetable oil. Mix the vegetables, add salt and spices to taste.
Caloric value of 100 g of dish 134 kcal, including:
- protein 6.05 g;
- fats 6.98 g;
- carbohydrates 11.93 g.
In the children's menu
It's best to introduce the child with red beans after they are 2 years old. It is believed that by this time the intestines of the baby are sufficiently developed and ready to digest such heavy food. But still, for the first time introducing in the diet dishes with bean beans, you need to closely monitor the reaction of the child .If after that there was a bloating, the product should be abandoned for a while.
In order for red beans to be better absorbed, it is recommended to give it to children in the form of puree. To improve the taste, you can add other vegetables there. More adult children usually like bean soup.
- 300 g of red beans;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 2 potatoes;
- 2 tbsp. L.Vegetable oil;
- 1 liter of vegetable or meat broth.
Pre-soaked for 6-8 hours beans put on the fire and boil for about 40-60 minutes.(Until it becomes soft).The water is taken from the calculation of 1 liter per 300 g of beans. During this time, vegetables are cleaned, cut into strips or cubes and fried in preheated vegetable oil. After the bean has become soft, vegetables and broth are added to it. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat and stew for another 15 minutes. For 5 minutes. Until ready to add soup bay leaf, spices to taste and chopped garlic. In the event that you intend to cook meat soup "from scratch", the beans are put into the prepared broth after it boils and foam is removed from it.
100 g of such soup contain 44.2 kcal, including:
- proteins 2.1 g;
- fat 1.4 g;
- carbohydrates 6.08.
Beans simply need to be included in the woman's diet. In addition to the already listed beneficial properties, this is a magic remedy for skin beauty. It is proved that with regular use of red beans, the complexion improves, small wrinkles are smoothed, the skin acquires a healthy, well-groomed appearance. However, for this you can not only have it. Masks from beans puree have no less effect.2-3 procedures a week for a month - and you do not recognize yourself. To prepare masks, the beans are pre-soaked and boiled until cooked.
- To prepare a nutritional mask 2 tbsp. L.Boiled beans of red beans grind as small as possible, mixed with 1 tbsp. L.Vegetable oil( it is suitable for dry skin, for fatty oil can be replaced with kefir or sour cream with a low percentage of fat content) and 1 tbsp. L.Lemon juice. The mask is applied for 20 minutes. And rinse with cool water. After that, if necessary, you can use the cream.
- Clear the skin, lighten it, give a healthy look help mask, prepared from 2 tbsp. L.Mashed beans, 1 tbsp. L.Cottage cheese and 1 tbsp. L.The wiped cucumber pulp. All ingredients are mixed, and the resulting mass is applied to the face, neck and décolleté area for 15 minutes. After that, the mask is removed with a cotton pad and rinsed face first warm, and then with cold water.
- Provide additional nutrition to the fading skin with a mask of beans and egg. And for those prone to fat content, it is best to use protein, and for masks intended for dry skin - yolk. Before the procedure of 2 tbsp. L.Boiled beans of red beans are wiped and mixed with egg and 2 tsp. Lemon juice. The mass is applied to the prepared skin for 15-20 minutes. When the time comes out, the mask is rinsed off with warm water.
For slimming and diets
And, of course, it is difficult to overestimate this product for those who decided to get rid of extra pounds. It is the red bean that is considered the most suitable variety for dietary nutrition. First of all, this is due to its low caloric content( boiled contains only 99 calories).In addition, the fibers in its composition are good at cleansing the intestines, and, due to diuretic properties, contribute to the removal of excess fluid. Beans of red beans perfectly satisfy hunger, which means there will be less desire to organize snacks. Glutamine, which is part of its composition, prevents the loss of muscle mass, that is, only fat tissue is cleaved, which is also important.
Usually beans are used as a low-calorie, but containing a large amount of protein product, in different methods of losing weight. However, there are several diets that are targeted specifically at it. One of them is designed for 1-2 weeks, during which the basis of the ration will be red beans. In the diet can include fruits and vegetables, as well as low-fat varieties of meat and fish, which are best baked or boiled. Sugar, flour products should be reduced to a minimum. It is also desirable to give up coffee, replacing it with unsweetened tea or freshly squeezed juices. Do not be superfluous and reasonable exercise.
If you still can not revise the diet, there is an easier way to lose weight. He offers every day instead of dinner to eat 1 fruit( of his choice), drinking it with a glass of broth from the beans of red beans. For its preparation 1 glass of red beans for 1 hour pour cold water, then it is poured, and the beans are spread in already boiling water( 1 liter) and boiled for 30 minutes. The liquid is drained, and the beans can be used for further preparation.
Bean salad with vegetables
- 1 cup boiled red beans;
- 1 sweet Bulgarian pepper;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 red onion;
- 2 tbsp. L.Vegetable oil;
- 1 tbsp. L.Wine or apple cider vinegar;
- 1 bunch of basil;
- salt, spices to taste.
The beans, along with the cut vegetables, are placed in a deep salad bowl, and basil, salt, spices and vegetable oil mixed with vinegar are added there. All is neatly mixed.
100 grams of salad contain 73.77 kcal, including:
- protein 3,24 g;
- fats 3.25 g;
- 8.02 g carbohydrates
Contraindications and possible harm
Fresh beans red beans contain toxic substances, which are destroyed by heat treatment. Therefore, they are not available in raw form. In order to get rid of substances that cause flatulence, beans are recommended to soak for at least 1 hour. The optimum soaking time is 6-8 hours.
Red beans are not recommended for use in the diet for people suffering from diseases of the stomach and intestines( gastritis, cholecystitis, peptic ulcer, colitis).Also, do not get carried away by this product to the elderly. This is due to the large number of purine compounds that can provoke an exacerbation of gout and nephritis.
The bean puree, you can add finely chopped and fried onions, and then use it as a filling for pies! My grandmother did this, it's very tasty.
I love beans in any form, and I think its absolute protein substitute for those who do not eat meat. Personally, I can eat boiled beans without any additives, just sprinkling a drop of olive oil and sprinkling a handful of greens - dill, parsley, coriander. On request - freshly ground pepper. This is delicious!
I like red and white beans, and I often include it in my diet, soups, salads, and just boiled asGarnish. But somehow I did not feel love for the bean beans, although it's much quicker to cook it.
Red beans, in comparison with other varieties of this plant, have a large set of vitamins and trace elements, but it is also considered to be the most toxic product. Therefore, it is important to remember that the beans of this plant can not be eaten raw, and before cooking they need to be soaked for at least an hour. Observing these simple rules you can get the necessary support for the body and cope with many diseases.